Mazda 3 keyless programming issues

joetogo90

:
Mazda 3s
I've been trying to program a key fob to my car for the past couple months now and have had no success. I can get the car into programming mode easily but can't get any remotes to respond to the module. I have purchased a few remotes and also replaced the keyless entry module. Also, I took it to a locksmith last week and they used a brand new remote and could not get it programmed at all. I really want to avoid a Mazda dealer if possible but I don't know if that's possible. Does anyone know by replacing the module, if it needs to be synchronized to my car somehow? The locksmith told me that I probably had a bad receiving antenna and he tried telling me it was either located in the back of the car or somewhere near the floor up front. But I believe the Keyless Module in the ceiling is the complete receiving unit? I've been told that the PJB could be faulty but I haven't had any other electrical issues with the car so I haven't messed with that yet.

That is not a big issue. but you have to go to the Mazda dealer now. Or you can call some keyless remote company. they will sync, your remote to your car.

I've been trying to program a key fob to my car for the past couple months now and have had no success. I can get the car into programming mode easily but can't get any remotes to respond to the module. I have purchased a few remotes and also replaced the keyless entry module. Also, I took it to a locksmith last week and they used a brand new remote and could not get it programmed at all. I really want to avoid a Mazda dealer if possible but I don't know if that's possible. Does anyone know by replacing the module, if it needs to be synchronized to my car somehow? The locksmith told me that I probably had a bad receiving antenna and he tried telling me it was either located in the back of the car or somewhere near the floor up front. But I believe the Keyless Module in the ceiling is the complete receiving unit? I've been told that the PJB could be faulty but I haven't had any other electrical issues with the car so I haven't messed with that yet.

Double check your remotes, look at teh FCC ID on them, there's two manufactures that Mazda uses, and they're not compatible, even if they look the same. Some are Mitsubishi, and some are VDO/Siemens. Programming them is very simple, but if they're the wrong ones, it will not work.

Don't go by the Mazda sku... both the keys use the same sku, just to mess with us. (I made this mistake, bought by sku, and got a VDO when I needed the Mitsubishi Electric version.

Double check your remotes, look at teh FCC ID on them, there's two manufactures that Mazda uses, and they're not compatible, even if they look the same. Some are Mitsubishi, and some are VDO/Siemens. Programming them is very simple, but if they're the wrong ones, it will not work.

Don't go by the Mazda sku... both the keys use the same sku, just to mess with us. (I made this mistake, bought by sku, and got a VDO when I needed the Mitsubishi Electric version.

All of the remotes I have purchased say Visteon Model- 41846/ FCC ID: KPU41846/ IC: 4238A-41846. Ugh lol. I have literally tried everything on this car, I replaced the module several times now and have matched it to the original module. I have also acquired several key fobs with the same exact numbers on them also. I found a copy of the FSM for the Mazda 3 and I tried the diagnostics test where you act like you are programming it but you turn the key 4 times instead of 3 and that worked like a charm....but the remotes still wont program. I don't have any other electrical issues in this car... I thought maybe the PJB was malfunctioning, but I'm starting to wonder if the wiring between the PJB and the keyless module is shot, so the two might not be communicating together properly.

Last edited:
Back