Wheel Spacers and stock Racing Hearts (w/ or w/o suspension modifications)- Pics?

Preferio

I break stuff.
Contributor
:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege 1660, 2004 Winning Blue RX8, 2005 Mazda6
I'm considering installing 9mm spacers on the MSP and was curious as to how that would effect it visually- will it even be noticeable? I want a visually wider track without going to different wheels and/or suspension setup. I'm currently on Tokico Illuminas and Eibachs and have no plans to change the suspension setup I have any time soon. I'm just looking for some pictures so I can get an idea of what it'll look like or if it's even going to achieve the desired look. I don't think I'll have issues with rubbing except for maybe the rears on The Dragon, but I can roll the fenders to get around this. Thanks in advance!

I'm using 6mm spacers in the front. On stock studs the general consensus is not to go pass 5mm. I can't remember the last time I took them off so its become the norm for me. I'm on BC Coilovers by the way.

I thought 8mm was the max for OE stud length.. Hmmm...

I have 8mm spacers without extended studs and it's VERY easy to cross the studs, have to thread them on very slowly by hand. It looks alright but not extremely noticeable, my plan was to get 15mm spacers for the front and put the 8mm on the rear but I never got around to getting the bolt on 15mm spacers.

I have a bunch of pictures before and after but none of them came out very well, this is after:
Flush with the car but the wheels still tuck under the fender at the top.

So, 15mm or 20mm? I've seen both, and they LOOK okay, but I don't want to rub. I already do with my set up now if I'm on 129 and three-wheeling it.

The back tires rub? I would go with 15 if you are worried about fitment, but I have never used them personally.

Go 15mm in the front and 8mm in the rear. That's what I ran on my MP3 with racing harts (same specs as msp racing harts)

7F8BDA39-0FA5-48BC-BCC5-50EBE9AADA5E_zpsf7fuuhpk.jpg

1E0B8D77-23ED-4801-B43A-89B41438FB4D_zpsvnukdyiw.jpg

E56C3E0D-558B-4AA6-ACA3-CA035A629840_zpsdxgai5gx.jpg

Back