2016 roof rails same as 2015?

michaelveloz

:
2016 CX5 GT
Hi there
I'm needing to fit some Yamika bars to the roof rails on my 2016 GT... but Yamika doesn't yet state on their website whether or not their product will work with the 2016 roof rails. Does anyone know if the rails are the same between these two model years??

Thanks!
Michael

Hi there
I'm needing to fit some Yamika bars to the roof rails on my 2016 GT... but Yamika doesn't yet state on their website whether or not their product will work with the 2016 roof rails. Does anyone know if the rails are the same between these two model years??

Thanks!
Michael

I have a 2016 and the rails are the same (dealer confirmed). I'm using the OEM rails and crossbars with a Yakima Mega Warrior rack. The crossbars that Yakima sells should fit without any problems.

On a similar note, has anyone installed Yakima Whispbars with the stock Mazda siderails? If so which Whispbar (S45, S54 or ???) was specified?

The Whispbar Railbar fit is S45, but it fits really close to the roof (approx 1" clearance) which limits a bunch of the mounts.
The Throughbar (S17) or Flushbar (S27) w/328 kit fits as well and will be higher off the roof.

Hi there

Thanks!
Michael[/Q

Hi - did you end up getting the the Whisbar Flush Bar S27? If so, do you have any pics? i just got a 2016 GT CX-5 and narrowed it down to the Whisbar Flush Bar to attach to the raised roof rails, or the Thule Aeroblades. Curious to know what you ended up going with and if you had any pics. THanks! Mike

Back