2016 interior trim swap

The prices at my local dealer as well as some online dealers was a little over 200 for the dashboard trim and 60 for the radio bezel. I got both for 130 total. Granted they are from a wrecked car but are in like new condition. I was tired of the gloss black trim and didn't like any of the vinyl wrap options so I thought I would try the OEM parts from a 2016 model. Took a few tries before I could find a salvage yard that would sell me the dash trim without making me buy the entire dash pad.

I can't check the UK prices until next week but I'm amazed they were that much. Some people on here hate them because they reflect in the mirror so might swap for black. I liked mine.

I'm not replacing the ac vent trim just the trim piece that runs across the center over the dash below the radio. I don't think glare would be an issue with that piece, but I do see how it would be a problem with the vents on the top of the dash.

Ok so my parts came in the mail today. The dashboard trim piece does fit with some slight modification (removal of two of the trim clips below the AC vents as they do not line up with the existing holes). The radio surround does not fit due to the newer bezel coming into contact with the buttons on the head unit. You could probably trim it to make it fit but I don't have the time or patience to do that at this time. In the end I do plan on updating the original factory head unit down the road so I'm hopeful that the 2016 bezel will fit when the time comes for that.

Last edited:
Ok so my parts came in the mail today. The dashboard trim piece does fit with some slight modification (removal of two of the trim clips below the AC vents as they do not line up with the existing holes). The radio surround does not fit due to the newer bezel coming into contact with the buttons on the head unit. You could probably trim it to make it fit but I don't have the time or patience to do that at this time. In the end I do plan on updating the original factory head unit down the road so I'm hopeful that the 2016 bezel will fit when the time comes for that.

Good to know. Would be nice to see before and after pics.

Back