2016 interior trim swap

gverrault

Does anyone know if the trim piece from the 2016 cx5 that extends from the glove box to underneath the radio can be swapped into a 2013 CX-5? Same with the piece of trim that goes around the buttons to the left of the steering wheel? I'm not really a fan of the black plastic gloss trim that came on the 2013 models and mine has gotten scratched up a bit.

I would think not, but call your dealers parts department, I have the 2016 GT CX-5 and it looks a bit lower then my 2014 dash looked. Yeah i hated the black strip also..the 16' has a brushed aluminum in place of the previous black.

Does anyone know if the trim piece from the 2016 cx5 that extends from the glove box to underneath the radio can be swapped into a 2013 CX-5? Same with the piece of trim that goes around the buttons to the left of the steering wheel? I'm not really a fan of the black plastic gloss trim that came on the 2013 models and mine has gotten scratched up a bit.

If you are going to the trouble of removing the trim piece, why not wrap it in vinyl or paint it?

I was actually thinking about vinyl wrap, I just haven't been able to pick one that I like. My wife actually works at an architecture firm so I brought home the entire 3m DiNoc book. She is supposed to be getting me some samples from their 3m rep, so I may end up going that route. However, I do like what they did with the trim and the other interior improvements on the 2016 cx5.

CX-5 2016 new info and command console (Interior)

New dash interior 2016

IMG_0569.JPG

I suppose I will take a look at one when I visit the dealer next and see if they can give me a price on the part and if it will fit the 2013 model.

I did that with mine last year. Lots of options on eBay.

$_12.JPG

Been really considering these, the trim around the infotainment, and around the rear window switches to match the fronts. I heard though that since the 2016s have these stock now that the defroster trim gives a terrible glare. Is this true for you?

Been really considering these, the trim around the infotainment, and around the rear window switches to match the fronts. I heard though that since the 2016s have these stock now that the defroster trim gives a terrible glare. Is this true for you?

The trim that is on upper vent in picture can give off a little glare. I installed the trim around infotainment, door handles cup holder and the rear switches in mine. I also installed a piece in the cargo area as well as the OEM chrome door sill plates & steel cover on top of rear bumper.

Generic pics...

s-l140.jpg

s-l140.jpg

s-l140.jpg

s-l140.jpg

s-l140.jpg

s-l140.jpg

s-l140.jpg

96.jpg

Last edited:
I like that thin trim piece around the vent. What I have got, is a different version, which has the knob surrounded also, with the chrome accent, and it looks to much. I may replace it and maybe I will remove the defroster one.

How's the fitment for the ebay trim? I've been holding off for a year because every photo i've seen on ebay shows the edges lifted or wavy.

Everything I have has fit quite well.. the only piece that required more 3M double stick tape was the cupholder trim.

My vent trim and cargo area pieces are all metal while the door, infotainment pieces are plastic.

with a soft cloth I used this 2" hard rubber brayer along with heating up tape slightly. This gave me a good fit & adhesion.

570077_1.jpg

Has anyone looked into this further or made any progress?
We just bought a 2015 CX-5 Touring with Tech + Moonroof, looking to bring the interior up a notch without looking tacky.

Here's three parts I'm looking for specifically:
Radio Bezel, Dash Bezel, and the Left button bezel (whatever that space is called).

K0WQeHa.jpg

My local Mazda Parts guy got back with me on the primary bezel:

"55-270 is what you are looking for.
Part# is KA0M-55-150B-02
But this may be the same as the 2015."

Jake Sweeney Mazda West
2301 Ferguson Rd
Cincinnati,Ohio 45238

Last edited:
I wrapped the piano black dash trim in 3M Brushed Titanium vinyl. The look and texture is extremely real. Unfortunately it is not a perfect match to the existing metallic trim, and it is not cold to the touch like real metal.

I will use the remaining vinyl sheet to wrap the shifter panel and vehicle controls button to the left of the steering column. I might try 3M Brushed Aluminum to see if it matches the existing trim better. It looks and feels EXACTLY like the brushed aluminum trim found in BMW's (think e90/f30 3-series). Take note that it is extremely time consuming to get the edges and contours flawless.

I wouldn't do the vents. I find them highly annoying and will likely pastidip them sometime. They reflect into the side view mirrors quite well.

I managed to find a junk yard that would sell me the radio bezel and the dash board trim piece from a totaled 2016 cx-5 to replace the gloss plastic piece on my 2013. Should arrive in the mail next Tuesday and I'll post back if everything fits.

If you want a headlight for a 2017 model, you'll need to sell your house but Mazda trim parts are usually very reasonable. All three of those just pop off so just price them at a dealer before buying imported pish off eBay. I'll find you the instructions for removal if you like.

Back