Service Bulletin FIX USB playback and SMS Bluetooth!!! NB1/TOMTOM ONLY ('12-15')

nXt

:
2014 CX-5 Touring FWD Tech Pkg
I just checked AllDataPro and this Service Bulletin was published last week!

It fixes the long load time of music on USB flash drive and fixes always playing the first track on ignition start!
It also fixes SMS downloading with a bluetooth phone (but only for iPhones)

The fix is (like others have said) a replacement of the Bluetooth module.
Attached is the Service Bulletin.

View attachment SB09-008-15.pdf

thanks for posting. im guessing unless such directions were sent to the Canadian Mazda corp, canadian mazda dealers arent able to (or wont) perform this Service Bulletin?

Just call my dealer ,he gave me a phone number to call to get an authorisation number (Mazda consummer handsfree support) i explain the problem and they gave me an authorisation number , so i call my dealer back and they gone ordered the part
my vin number begin with JM3KE.....
i,m from Quebec Canada

Just called that number and registered my case; then called the dealership and they are going to order the module; will call me once it gets in and I can get it replaced. :)

thanks, OP!!!! emailed my service rep at dealership with REF # from mazda support and part is on order :) If i get SMS downloading with my iphone that will be sweet.

Last edited:
Just picked up a brand new 2015 CX-5 last night. Funny to find this thread because when given the orientation the salesman brushed over this saying it had something to do with the iPhone's software.

Anyway, what's the best way to go about this so they can have the new module ready when I go and pickup my plates. Should I just give the dealership a call and tell them the bulletin number?

Last edited:
I'm sorry but is there a way to access the source of these TSBs? maybe a legit mazda website that produces this kind of notice? I just called Garden City Mazda and they have no idea what am I referring to. By the way, this is really good news. Another newbie question, Can I take my car to a different Mazda dealership for the fix? Garden City Mazda peeps are mean. If your car qualifies for this fix, will they charge you for an amount of money? Thanks so much!

Thank you for answering this! I managed to get around to a line up for the fix. I called the number stated by one of the user on this thread to get a reference number. Mazda Handsfree support group's no. is 1-800-430-0153 to get a reference number. I was advised by the tech to call MazdaUSA (1-800-222-5550) to rectify my the concern with my dealership. Now I got the case number from MazdaUSA which the MazdaUSA tech told me he'll be asking for an update from me and the dealership with the issue. But still i have to schedule a day for the dealership to check whether my car needs the fix although it's clear that it is qualified for it. My dealership really sucks!

But still i have to schedule a day for the dealership to check whether my car needs the fix although it's clear that it is qualified for it. My dealership really sucks!

Whaaat? That's bogus. I went to an entirely new dealership for this module swap and they were totally friendly & professional about it. I'd talk to other dealerships in the area if I were you.

Whaaat? That's bogus. I went to an entirely new dealership for this module swap and they were totally friendly & professional about it. I'd talk to other dealerships in the area if I were you.

DT, do you have an iphone and if so is the SMS function actually working OK? I have a early 2013 and debating on wether to get the BT module replaced. I don't have the USB problems but I also don't have SMS downloading from my iphone.

Is anyone else being told that the replacement module is on back order? I had my dealership order the part around March 10th, and I got a call the following Monday or Tuesday telling me that the thing is on back order and it might be a few more weeks...

DT, do you have an iphone and if so is the SMS function actually working OK? I have a early 2013 and debating on wether to get the BT module replaced. I don't have the USB problems but I also don't have SMS downloading from my iphone.

Yes, I have an iPhone 6. The SMS function has never worked for me, even with other phones. I've had my friends try with their Android phones and iPhone 5 - it doesn't downloading anything. I've practically given up on Bluetooth in my CX-5 at this point. When I saw this service bulletin being posted, I immediately called and wanted this replaced - which, thankfully, will happen next week.

Back