Reset MPG average

Hold down "info" button on steering wheel for a few seconds. Make sure you do it while driving down the road. If you do it while car is not moving it will take 50 miles to get a true reading. Reset while rolling and it will take 5 miles to get a true reading.

Make sure you push in the center of the button, no up or down. I did the same thing at first.

Interesting - I didn't know that - I thought it was just a rocker switch.

I'll have to try it later.

Is this an MPG average since last reset? or for say the last XX miles? I'm guessing since the last reset, keeping a moving average to do the last XX miles requires more CPU resources (memory).

Hold down "info" button on steering wheel for a few seconds. Make sure you do it while driving down the road. If you do it while car is not moving it will take 50 miles to get a true reading. Reset while rolling and it will take 5 miles to get a true reading.

I reset mine every time I fill my tank while the car is stationary and it gives me a true reading after the first mile or two. Same with the Average Speed.

Is this an MPG average since last reset? or for say the last XX miles? I'm guessing since the last reset, keeping a moving average to do the last XX miles requires more CPU resources (memory).

It's MPG since the last reset.

I reset mine every time I fill my tank while the car is stationary and it gives me a true reading after the first mile or two. Same with the Average Speed.
I don't get it either. Why you need to reset the average MPG while the car is rolling? I reset it anytime I want and I do get pretty accurate average MPG reading every time.

It's MPG since the last reset.
Yeah, since last reset. The INFO rocker switch is 3-position push-button switch and the middle position is for the reset.

I don't get it either. Why you need to reset the average MPG while the car is rolling? I reset it anytime I want and I do get pretty accurate average MPG reading every time.

Maybe they fixed it on newer models. On my 2014.5 CX-5 if you reset while sitting still, it will read very low AVG MPG (17mpg) and take 50 miles to creep up to actual 28mpg. If you reset while rolling, and drive 5 miles, it will show 28mpg right away.

Maybe they fixed it on newer models. On my 2014.5 CX-5 if you reset while sitting still, it will read very low AVG MPG (17mpg) and take 50 miles to creep up to actual 28mpg. If you reset while rolling, and drive 5 miles, it will show 28mpg right away.

I doubt that's a newer model thing. If you start from a dead stop when you leave the gas station and are travelling city streets for a while, your average MPG will be low because of the constant use of the accelerator. If you reset average MPG while driving on the highway, your average MPG will be higher because of less frequent use of the accelerator.

I doubt that's a newer model thing. If you start from a dead stop when you leave the gas station and are travelling city streets for a while, your average MPG will be low because of the constant use of the accelerator. If you reset average MPG while driving on the highway, your average MPG will be higher because of less frequent use of the accelerator.

My 2014.5 takes several days to display correct AVG MPG if reset from a stop, or about 50 miles. If reset from a roll and driven 5 minutes, the AVG MPG is correct. Can't imagine it varies from car to car. It an error in averaging by computer.

Anyone know how to reset this?

I just found the option to reset Average MPG when you reset the Trip A odometer. While the car is on, but not moving, if you go into the Info Screen on the instrument cluster, then into Averages, there should be an option under Average MPG to reset it when you reset Trip A.

Back