Mazda Mobile Start ?

Panther

Zoomer not a Boomer
Contributor
:
2016 MAZDA CX-5 GT AWD with TECH PKG / i-ActivSense
Howdy All,

Been waiting anxiously for my 2016, it looks like June/ July for me.

In going over the options list, I started seeing something that I hadn't seen
before and that was the :

Mazda Mobile Start
Smartphone-controlled remote engine start system with car-finder
and door lock/unlock features (includes 1-year subscription)

Does anyone have any info or have this feature? At first I didn't see
the "Subscription" part, so I'm guessing that there's an annual fee, but
man that would sure be nice to have.

Take Care,

CK

In Colorado we have a "puffing" law where it's illegal to let your car idle while nobody is in it. So, not "Colorado friendly". However, if you want to get stoned via "puffing", by all means please proceed.
Lol! Interesting post and great idea. Wonder how it works.

I had one put in the deal when I bought my 2016 CX5 GT Tech. Still no word as to when they will be in stock.
I can't find any info on it either.

I would wait to see what the initial cost is and what the subscription cost would be.

If you add an aftermarket remote start, you can add the same features with DEI Smartstart, Compustar Drone, or a few other brands. Be interesting to see the cost difference. (They are all also a subscription service)

Howdy All,

It's still kind of strange no one that's gotten one of the new ones
has either gotten this option or found out what the associated costs are.

I'm starting to learn toward the stock remote start, even though it would be one more
Fob to be carrying around, or could put it in the Wife's Purse ;)

Take Care,

CK

Howdy All,

Found this in a Search from Mazda6 Club.com

I picked up the 2016 M6 brochure and read about MMS in there.

It's going to be a subscription based service to remote start the car through mobile app.

Subscription fee listed as $65 per year.

So, I'm guessing it's still the standard cost for the Remote Start, then after the one year free subscription,
it goes to 65.00 a year. It would sure be nice to have more information on all the details, especially like
Range.

Take Care,

CK

Range should be anywhere you and the car have cell service. Car in New York and you in Miami should start.
Brochure says for more info go to mazdamobilestart.com
It's not active yet. My dealer thinks it may go live in April.

Last edited:
Range should be anywhere you and the car have cell service. Car in New York and you in Miami should start.
Brochure says for more info go to mazdamobilestart.com
It's not active yet. My dealer thinks it may go live in April.

Howdy NoKenDo,

Thanks for the info, still trying to decide if this is something
that I'd like to have or use.

From the Era of roll up windows and AM radio, so
all the new accessories are really neat but I get concerned
about how they'll hold up in the long run. This is likely my
last car, just retired and will be getting a new CX-5 GT AWD in
June or July, so looking at the long term reliability is a key issue
for me.

Thanks Again NoKenDo.

Take Care,

CK

I just bought a 2016 GT last week and have been working lots of bugs out of it. On a call to the Mobile Support desk I asked about the MMS. The rep said that it is basically a third party app and that I would be best off to talk to the main customer service number. It seems to me that Mazda is kind of behind the curve on making sure all of their back end support was completely functional before releasing the 2016 models. I can't even register mine for crying out loud!

I just bought a 2016 GT last week and have been working lots of bugs out of it. On a call to the Mobile Support desk I asked about the MMS. The rep said that it is basically a third party app and that I would be best off to talk to the main customer service number. It seems to me that Mazda is kind of behind the curve on making sure all of their back end support was completely functional before releasing the 2016 models. I can't even register mine for crying out loud!

Howdy Wushhupa,

I was just wondering if you'd figured anything out about your Mobile Start? It's funny there's
really not any information on this and for a feature they're selling on the 2016 you'd think there
would be tons of information out there????

Anyone else with any info, we're getting ready to start the buying process in the next 2-3 weeks.

Thanks and Take Care,

CK

The info I have is I got tired of waiting and hearing nothing from Mazda.
I'm going after market. Viper.

The info I have is I got tired of waiting and hearing nothing from Mazda.
I'm going after market. Viper.

Howdy NoKenDo,

Was hoping I'd hear from you, funny you'd mention Viper, I found a link
for it today from a Toronto 3 forum that had a neat link to the Viper Ipone Package.
It really looked neat, I'm kind of old school so some of it's alittle over my
head right now. I am wondering if this is the system they're selling? I can't believe
they'd be selling something on the 2016 and there's no one that knows anything about
it or has it working, not sure I'd be excited about paying 500+ dollars for something that
doesn't work right now and no one seems to have a clue about at Mazda, doesn't really
instill a lot of confidence in it.

I'll be really interested to hear more about your installing the Viper
on your Own.

Take Care,

CK

Here is some new info on the MAZDA MMS service you ma. First, my initial thoughts are that this service is not a great value.
Especially for those who are leasing a vehicle.
Here is the unmentioned (anywhere, especially the mazdamobilestart.com website). There is an expensive piece of hardware with a considerable installation (costs) required. It's not just an app+service for a digestible $65 ($75 in Canada) dollars per year. Granted the first year is free. Based on research and costing, the Mazda Mobile Start ECU and installation will run you somewhere $600+. Then and only then are you able to download the app and enjoy it's niceties. And of course, after that 1st year, you're shelling out more dollars to keep it live. If you lease your Mazda, you're not gonna pay to get it dug out so you can pay to stick it back into your next Mazda are you. And the value of your vehicle will not increase with it installed.

Wouldn't' have been nice if Mazda could have instead offered an annual fee (keeping that first year free to new car owners) with free installation of the aforementioned hardware – or at the very least, a minimal install fee alone?

This move would have made other brands customers envious and help grow Mazda's marketshare. Thinking a little like Google to grow you marketshare is a fine strategy. Give it for next to free to attract more customers to your brand and products. Reap the payoff in the business you are in- selling cars.

So for now Mazda fans, we should all say to Mazda... Thanks.. but no thanks! 3rd party systems from Viper and others can easily be had for less money and offer similar benefits.

Lets all tell our Mazda sales contacts to tell their managers to tell their GM's to tell Mazda North America executives.... Give us Mazda Mobile Start for an annual fee less the hardware costs so more of us will join the bandwagon. Be happier customers and continue to buy Mazda's.

I know I'd be happier :)

Last edited:
Howdy NoKenDo,

Was hoping I'd hear from you, funny you'd mention Viper, I found a link
for it today from a Toronto 3 forum that had a neat link to the Viper Ipone Package.
It really looked neat, I'm kind of old school so some of it's alittle over my
head right now. I am wondering if this is the system they're selling? I can't believe
they'd be selling something on the 2016 and there's no one that knows anything about
it or has it working, not sure I'd be excited about paying 500+ dollars for something that
doesn't work right now and no one seems to have a clue about at Mazda, doesn't really
instill a lot of confidence in it.

I'll be really interested to hear more about your installing the Viper
on your Own.

Take Care,

CK

Panther,
I ended up going with Compustar Pro 901 remote starter. This is not a job I would
feel comfortable tackling. I had it professionally installed.
They advertise a 1 mile range which is plenty for me.
2 way LED remote that also gives a inside the car temperature reading.
I paid just under 600.00 for everything installed. That includes 6% MI sales tax.

Panther,
I ended up going with Compustar Pro 901 remote starter. This is not a job I would
feel comfortable tackling. I had it professionally installed.
They advertise a 1 mile range which is plenty for me.
2 way LED remote that also gives a inside the car temperature reading.
I paid just under 600.00 for everything installed. That includes 6% MI sales tax.

Thanks NoKenDo, for letting me know what
you decided on. Looks like a very nice and
professional system.

I agree, this kind of product is better left to
the Pro's instead of me struggling with it.

Have a great weekend, Take Care,

CK

Back