Big Brake Kits for late model Mazda6

flash gordon

:
2014 Mazda 6 GT (daily driver), 2012 Mustang GT Premium
I would like to see Corksport come out with big brake kit for late model 2014+ Mazda 6. There are 3 years of late model Mazda 6 on the road now and I am sure there is a market for the big brake kits. The current available ones such as Brembo, K Sport are just too expensive. I, for one, would be interested to get the front kit for around 1K. How about it?

The previous gen kits might fit the new one also. As they hadnt changed the offset, and bolt spacing dating back to 1988 on the G chassis. Id be surprised if they changed now.

And there are plenty of Big brake kits for them under a grand. I spent less then that shipped on my Wilwood setup brand new from Revolution brake.

Revolution is awesome! I'm just holding off until the exchange rate improves before I order a full 4 corner package for my car. :D

They changed the spacing on the cars from what we have seen for some weird reason. We are working on a kit.

Derrick

The previous gen kits might fit the new one also. As they hadnt changed the offset, and bolt spacing dating back to 1988 on the G chassis. Id be surprised if they changed now.

And there are plenty of Big brake kits for them under a grand. I spent less then that shipped on my Wilwood setup brand new from Revolution brake.

Are you talking x4 or fronts only?

Fronts are the only ones that didnt change spacing or bolt pattern across all 4 previous generations. My 92 Probe GT which is a Mazda GD chassis is currently using a Wilwood BBK meant for a 93-97 GE chassis. My 97 626 which is a GE chassis is currently using my larger Mazda6 GG chassis front brakes, then i upgraded the rear of the GE to larger GF rear brakes that are a direct bolt on. But the rear of the GE and GF will not fit on the rear of a GD because the GD used a integrated wheel bearing which they ditched after that generation. I upgraded my fronts and rears on the GG chassis Mazda6 to the Mazdaspeed6 setup.

The engineers did look at the 2014s, there was some differences. We are looking into a kit for the Mazda 6/Cx5/Mazda 3

Derrick

Cool, I want it for my cx-5.

Don't hold your breath. For us to get a big brake kit, our cars first need to be fast enough to "deserve" it. Don't get me wrong, I love the look and totally want it too, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Particularly since people are saying the skyactive engines are tough to tune, many of the mods for our cars are for handling and not really an improvement on speed.

Don't hold your breath. For us to get a big brake kit, our cars first need to be fast enough to "deserve" it. Don't get me wrong, I love the look and totally want it too, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Particularly since people are saying the skyactive engines are tough to tune, many of the mods for our cars are for handling and not really an improvement on speed.

Not entirely true. Since the brakes share a lot of platforms at the root (the 3, the 6 and the CX5, possibly the CX3) - it's a good decision to develop them, since you can saturate several markets with less than adequate support.

All Sky's are being tuned (mine included and it's worth it). Even the ND is tuned already, with a bunch of goodwin racing mx-5s running an OVTune. I already got a turbo and will be doing a remote turbo set up for my AWD CX-5. No turbo manifold needed. Plenty of clearance underbody thanks to the transmission tunnel and hitch space. I'm going to want higher performance brakes so I can speed up unnecessarily to hear a blow off and be able to slow down when I get to the next red light. Or just in general.. my brakes will need to keep up with my acceleration.
Y1WLvKB.jpg
[/IMG]

Back