Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2016 CX-5 GT Navigation Updates!

2016.5 Mazda CX 5 Grand Touring W/ Tech PKG

I would not try it, just kind of wish we all could have the same or some things from other areas.

UK, live traffic

DVD or video option for the kids

Would like at the least CarPlay soon with pandora update too LOL...

Registered Member

2016.5 Mazda CX-5 Touring

I updated my Nav yesterday.

My system now has traffic options, and shows some basic traffic info, although I have not tested in with a trip yet.

Was this stuff here before? Or was this just added?

Registered Member

CX5 Akera diesel

I was at my local Mazda dealer yesterday (finally seem to have sorted a issue with auto transmission) and asked about when the next entertainment system software update will be released.

They said that there is a BIG software update/enhancement due out very soon, and that Mazda Japan has promised it will address the slow/unsatisfactory performance many people have experienced. He said that they have been told in the meantime to stop doing any updates to the currently available entertainment system software.

So I guess we just have to wait and see what this big new sw release achieves, both in terms of performance imporvements, and possibly new or enhanced features and capabilities.

Obviously this info applies for Australian systems, but rarely to we get anything that is not bieng released more widely so I expect something similar will be worldwide.

Registered Member

Mazda 2016 CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by Fishah View Post
    I updated my Nav yesterday.

My system now has traffic options, and shows some basic traffic info, although I have not tested in with a trip yet.

Was this stuff here before? Or was this just added?
    Just updated my maps to the January update. Sorry no new features that I can see. Traffic is the same old historical data, no live traffic, sorry.

Registered Member

2016 CX-5

I hope the new update include live traffic. I had a 2014 CX-5 and liked that it had live traffic updates. I now have a 2016.5 CX-5 and wish it had live traffic updates. So convenient.

Registered Member

16 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Tccox View Post
    Just updated my maps to the January update. Sorry no new features that I can see. Traffic is the same old historical data, no live traffic, sorry.
    Most recent update online says it's from Sept 16. Where was this Jan update?

Registered Member

Mazda 2016 CX-5

Mazda connect on line states January 12,2017 is latest update for 2016 cx-5 with tech package l updated my system on January 20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Member

CX5 Akera diesel

I was at Mazda dealership this morning on another issue. Spoke to Mazda head office technical rep about the "big infotainmnet system software update" that they told me late last year would be relesaed "early in 2017".

He confirmed this big update is still coming, but had been delayed as issues were found in testing so its back in Japan for further development. They now hope it will be released here in Australia in April. He also confirmed that Mazda has told dealers to hold off doing any updates to existing systems until the new version is released. He is confident that this update will resolve nearly 100% of issues people have been having with performance.

I asked about Apple carplay, he wasnt saying anything.

2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring titanium/black

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    I was at Mazda dealership this morning on another issue. Spoke to Mazda head office technical rep about the "big infotainmnet system software update" that they told me late last year would be relesaed "early in 2017".

He confirmed this big update is still coming, but had been delayed as issues were found in testing so its back in Japan for further development. They now hope it will be released here in Australia in April. He also confirmed that Mazda has told dealers to hold off doing any updates to existing systems until the new version is released. He is confident that this update will resolve nearly 100% of issues people have been having with performance.

I asked about Apple carplay, he wasnt saying anything.
    Are you talking about a Nav update or an infotainment system update?
    "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Registered Member

CX5 Akera diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad 16.5 View Post
    Are you talking about a Nav update or an infotainment system update?
    Sorry, infotainment system update.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567