2015 Liquid Silver vs 2016 Sonic Silver Metallic paint colors comparison?

CaboWabo

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD Bose/moonroof, sonic silver
I'm looking to buy a new CX-5. Probably will be the mid-level Touring in silver. I'm trying to decide between a 2015 or waiting just a few weeks for the 2016s to arrive here. I think most of the year differences from what I've read are minor cosmetics inside and LED lights outside. I don't think the lights or grill would really make a difference to me. The dealer does not have the 2016s in yet for me to look at. What are the main differences and what would you recommend. I am price conscious and of course I'm sure I can get a much better price on a 15. Also I would really like to see the new Sonic Silver Metallic color that is replacing the 2015 Liquid Silver. I hear it is a much lighter silver. Has anyone seen both side by side, or can someone post a pic of a 2015 Liquid Silver next to a 2016 Sonic Silver Metallic. Thanks for any info!

Last edited:
The major difference inside is not the minor cosmetics but the upgraded infotainment system and the commander knob (which is awesome). Read around the forums and you'll find most people HATE the old version. That alone would be enough to swing me over to the 2016. The LED's and updated interior trim are just gravy.

Last edited:
I have the 2016 AWD GT in sonic silver and my previous one was the liquid silver, i prefer the 16's color it's a tad lighter in color. Also the 16 is much more quiet interior, with a nice brushed aluminum replacing the previous black on the dashboard. New nav is now 7" screen and much better resolution compared to the previous tom-tom crap. I bought mine Feb 13, 2015 ..1st one from my dealership! drove two 16's, a dark blue with parchment interior seats, bought the sonic silver off the showroom floor. Test drive one i think you will enjoy it, I love mine! Command center on console much better then buttons in previous models. Also electric parking brake, and sport mode are now on the center console.

Lot's of improvement with '16s but do know there is now a TSB that fixes a few of the pre-'16 Infotainment issues you will find in forums.

I haven't had it performed yet but will do... iPhone SMS, reportedly better BT connectivity as well as the music media resume issues.

Has the commonly occurring cracked windshield problems been fixed for 2016? That alone would make me get a 16 rather than a 15.

Has the commonly occurring cracked windshield problems been fixed for 2016? That alone would make me get a 16 rather than a 15.

'16s really haven't been out long enough to know and parts schematics for '16's are also not available. If anyone finds one please post. I've checked with multiple dealers.

Update, I test drove both the 15 Liquid Silver and 16 Sonic Silver. The colors are very very close. If I didn't know they were different on paper, I probably would have never even noticed the color difference. But if you look closely the Sonic is a tad lighter. I like both, but I will probably go with the Sonic because I want a '16 now.

Update, I test drove both the 15 Liquid Silver and 16 Sonic Silver. The colors are very very close. If I didn't know they were different on paper, I probably would have never even noticed the color difference. But if you look closely the Sonic is a tad lighter. I like both, but I will probably go with the Sonic because I want a '16 now.

LOL! That's what happened to me!!!

Did you notice any difference in seat comfort between the 2015 and 2016 models? I test drove a 2015 GT last year and the seats felt almost a little too hard for my taste.

Did you notice any difference in seat comfort between the 2015 and 2016 models? I test drove a 2015 GT last year and the seats felt almost a little too hard for my taste.

I don't know about the 15, but the seats in the 16 are much better than the 13. Still not as nice as the Rogue, but better than what they used to be.

I don't know about the 15, but the seats in the 16 are much better than the 13. Still not as nice as the Rogue, but better than what they used to be.[/QUOTE
Oh good. I guess I will know if my assets are happy or not when I test drive the 16. But it's encouraging to see that the seats are better.

I don't know about the 15, but the seats in the 16 are much better than the 13. Still not as nice as the Rogue, but better than what they used to be.[/QUOTE
Oh good. I guess I will know if my assets are happy or not when I test drive the 16. But it's encouraging to see that the seats are better.

Did you have the full 8-way power version in your '13?

Back