Is the bloom off the rose for CX-5 or is it just a model year changeover glitch?

There is certainly a lot of things we can speculate as to why... but in looking at the reports again, Mercedes reported best Feb sales volume ever, Hyundai reported best Feb ever, Mitsubishi reported best Feb in 7 years, Subaru Canada reports best Feb ever... and manufactures, including Mazda, that I glanced at all had increases for Feb 2015 vs Feb 2014. I think they need to be a bit more aggressive with their incentives and pricing. If they are not willing to make a deal a loaded CX5 gets pretty close to the base price for the RDX, and although I realize there is more technology in a CX5, the consumer has spoken... the RDX was up 32.7%. the Santa Fe about 25% ish. Come on Mazda, let's make a deal!!!!

Whether you like Consumer Reports or not the 2nd place Mazda ratings are bound to increase sales IMO.

No worries, if you look a years worth of monthly sales it's like a roller coaster each month. Mazda will probably never be a high volume brand and if you look at the main competitors the RAV4, Escape, CRV, and Rouge selling 18 to 22 thousand SUV's each month. Before the CX5 was born the market was flooded with choices so the CX5 will most likely continue to fluctuate between 5 and 8 thousand on a monthly basis. Now that the entertainment system is finally upgraded, I would think it wil remain on the higher side once the 2016 are available in numbers.

Expand your search area. For example, maybe a Vegas dealer would be willing to deal. Easy enough to get to Vegas, isn't it?

Back