2014 vs 2015

IcyYak

:
Mazda 3 Vision (2015)
Hello,

New to the forum and soon also new Mazda owner. First time I buy a brand new car, so been very exciting times finding the right car, model and ofcourse once those been found - to select the design and the accessories. Also first time with a Mazda, but when I saw the new Mazda 2 at a motorfair, I was hooked on the exterior. Turned out Mazda 3 was a better fit for me in the end.

Anyway - more to my question. My new Mazda 3 has been ordered and expecting delivery within 2 weeks. I received my new registrationnumber already and looking it up in the official registry database it' says it's a 2014 car. Before contacting the sales guy I just want to confirm if there are any difference between a 2014 and 2015 model?

I expected a 2015 model, but if it's the same car (without changes) I have no trouble with it. It's still a brand new car and the database says it was registered a few days after my order. Just don't want to be left out of anything brand new and cool from the 2015 model which isn't in the 2014. :)

It could also be that the official registry database only lists it as a 2014 as it's the time of manufacturing and that it doesn't have anything to do with model year. Just want to make sure if any changes are worth making a "fuzz" about. :)

The features for a car vary from country to country. I held out for a 2015 because Mazda made the back-up camera standard for all trim levels except the most basic. I suggest that you go to the Swedish Mazda site and compare years, tho they may only display the features for the current production models. In the US, 2014 cars were built prior to September 2014. Mine was built in November and delivered in December 2014.

Also, the 2015s with the 2.5 liter engines can be ordered with manual transmission, whereas the 2014s could not.

Some of the early model 2014s in the US still had the old "audio A" set-up (no touchscreen infotainment unit w/commander knob), but those rarely shoe up on the dealer lots anymore. Don't know where M3s sold in Sweden are built, but this is shifting for the US market as well between the 2014 v 2015 model years.

Back