Doors Lock and Windows Roll Down - Need Help

nbgallow

:
2013 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
Hi All,

Newbie here! I just purchased a 2013 CX-9 GT for my wife and we are loving it so far.

I hope that I'm posting this in the right section. Sometimes when trying to start the car or even when walking away from it in a parking lot or at home, the doors will lock and the front windows roll down. I've read the entire manual and quick start guide and also searched through the forums and google for reference to this, but haven't been able to find anything. I changed the battery in the smart key and the 2nd key is nowhere near the car when this happens. Any ideas? I'm sure it's something that we're just not doing right, but I can't seem to figure it out!

I figure if anybody can help me, it would be this community! Thanks all.

Problem solved! We took it to the dealer and apparently there was a loose lock rod inside the door that was causing the problem. Props to the guy who figured it out immediately by shaking the door and listening to it. Can't beat an old school mechanic!

Can't beat an old school mechanic!

Definitely props to a mechanic who figures things out quickly without first jumping for the laptop... Sometimes it's just a mechanical thing. Glad you got it fixed too! Any insight on how the lock-rod would get loose?

Any insight on how the lock-rod would get loose?

Unfortunately no I don't know how it got loose, must have happened while the car was still sitting on the lot. And I didn't get a chance to talk to the guy that fixed it, but I'm glad to know how to get in touch with him next time!

There is nothing better then this particular stuff. It must be having a defect. Manual will help you a lot, otherwise consult a contractor. Making windows and doors energy efficient is must. there are various great sites which help a lot dealing with accurate solution.

Thanks for sharing! I just bought a 2009 and am experiencing the same thing. I'm taking it in for a few repairs on Tuesday and it's super helpful to be able to tell the shop about this. Cheers! :)

Back