Mirror Vibration fixed by UPDATED Mirrors DESIGN!! WHOSE DON'T IT

designtheland

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring Silver
I have read a person had their mirrors fixed for vibration by dealers replacing the mirror, under warranty with the NEW MIRROR STYLE. This also seems to reduce wind noise.
Who has had this done? At what dealer?

You should start a couple more threads with this.
You should post where are you located.

I still have the 2014. They repaired something on this mirror, but it's still vibrates slightly.
I heard, that the new mirror makes more noise.

I have the old style 2013-2014 mirror. The driver side is starting to vibrate (which I'll bring in to take care of one day). Girlfriend's 2015 CX-5's "new style" mirror is rock steady, but ZERO difference in noise.

I drove a GT 2015 & the wind noise was much less than mine. I rolled down the windows and listened to the volume of noise. Seemed quieter to me. Does your girlfriend have the GT or touring? Reason for question is because the GT Toyo seem quieter than YOKOs. If the tires are quieter a difference in wind noise could be noticed?

I still have the 2014. They repaired something on this mirror, but it's still vibrates slightly.

Did you hear that from a 2015 owner? I heard that from a guy that said he had is 2015s repaired. Some of the 2015s had the old style mirror.

I have the old style 2013-2014 mirror. The driver side is starting to vibrate (which I'll bring in to take care of one day). Girlfriend's 2015 CX-5's "new style" mirror is rock steady, but ZERO difference in noise.

???? how would you rate your level of wind noise on your 2014 ? (I have done quiet a bit of sound deadening; therefore, road noise is subdued....enhancing the wind noise.

She has the 2015 Touring while I have the 2013 GT. I mentioned wind noise specifically, not road noise. There is no difference in wind noise between our cars.

Even though our cars have a bit of road and wind noise, most of it is from the tailgate section and rear wheel wells. Of course the four doors can use additional sound deadening as well. It's on par if not somewhat better than its competition (CRV, Rav4, etc).

Mine are quiet & don't vibrate. IIRC my '15 was first month with new design. Build month is 4/15.

Same Here. Had my driver's side mirror repaired about 6 weeks ago and it was perfectly steady for a few weeks. Now I notice it vibrating again - ever so slightly. Much less than before, but still annoying. They did not give me the 2015 style mirror, they just replaced the guts inside the original mirror housing.

Same Here. Had my driver's side mirror repaired about 6 weeks ago and it was perfectly steady for a few weeks. Now I notice it vibrating again - ever so slightly. Much less than before, but still annoying. They did not give me the 2015 style mirror, they just replaced the guts inside the original mirror housing.

I had the same done and the same results, but mine is still vibrating pretty bad. I just ordered a complete 2015 mirror for the drivers side to see if that resolves my problems. I figured I'd order the drivers side first and if it works then I'll order the passenger side to go with it.

Last edited:
I had the same done and the same results, but mine is still vibrating pretty bad. I just ordered a complete 2015 mirror for the drivers side to see if that resolves my problems. I figured I'd order the drivers side first and if it works then I'll order the passenger side to go with it.

Damn. How much does that whole set up cost? On my invoice for the internal bracket and some other part which they replaced for free under the TSB, it still showed the price and it was $780. That was just for the internal parts - not the exterior housing!

Damn. How much does that whole set up cost? On my invoice for the internal bracket and some other part which they replaced for free under the TSB, it still showed the price and it was $780. That was just for the internal parts - not the exterior housing!

To completely replace the mirror you need the following:

1) New Housing, which includes all the interior guts like the motor
2) New mirror glass
3) New turn signal
4) New repainted mirror cover
5) 3 bolts to hold the housing to the car
6) 2 screws to hold the turn signal

All in with tax and a 20% discount I got it from my local dealer for $319. I had to go to a dealer in person since the 2015 part guides are not available online (I have no idea why though). I found a 2015 Crystal White Pearl GT w/tech on their lot and gave him that VIN so I could make sure I was getting the right setup (w/ heat and blind spot).

Unfortunately you need to buy the complete set as the glass is slightly different, the turn signal is new, and even the way it's mounted to the car is changed. The old style mirrors had 3 screws coming out of the housing that you fastened to the body with 3 nuts. The new style has 3 bolts that go into the housing.

I've tried to go the warranty route but I've already had the mirror replaced once (but it was the old style unit) and both local dealers said that there is nothing more than can do as no new TSBs have come out besides what I've already had done to my car. With the amount of driving I do, and at highway speeds which make it more noticeable, the vibration is driving me insane. Enough so that I'm willing to just buy the new units myself in order to fix it.

Last edited:
Did you hear that from a 2015 owner? I heard that from a guy that said he had is 2015s repaired. Some of the 2015s had the old style mirror.

My 2015 has a build date of May 2014 and has the new style mirrors. I notice some wind noise/whistle but can't determine where it's coming from. No mirror shake/vibration.

To completely replace the mirror you need the following:

1) New Housing, which includes all the interior guts like the motor
2) New mirror glass
3) New turn signal
4) New repainted mirror cover
5) 3 bolts to hold the housing to the car
6) 2 screws to hold the turn signal

All in with tax and a 20% discount I got it from my local dealer for $319. I had to go to a dealer in person since the 2015 part guides are not available online (I have no idea why though). I found a 2015 Crystal White Pearl GT w/tech on their lot and gave him that VIN so I could make sure I was getting the right setup (w/ heat and blind spot).

Unfortunately you need to buy the complete set as the glass is slightly different, the turn signal is new, and even the way it's mounted to the car is changed. The old style mirrors had 3 screws coming out of the housing that you fastened to the body with 3 nuts. The new style has 3 bolts that go into the housing.

I've tried to go the warranty route but I've already had the mirror replaced once (but it was the old style unit) and both local dealers said that there is nothing more than can do as no new TSBs have come out besides what I've already had done to my car. With the amount of driving I do, and at highway speeds which make it more noticeable, the vibration is driving me insane. Enough so that I'm willing to just buy the new units myself in order to fix it.

If you can get your dealer to call Mazda Corporate they can authorize the repair. That is what the other guy, who had his replaced under warranty did. They had already tried the update mirror "guts" and that didn't work. Hope this helps. I haven't gotten my dealer to authorize this yet for me.

You might try calling Mazda Corporate and explain the other was replaced and that it didn't fix the problem. They guy I communicated with that got his fixed came through Mazda "Corporate."

Back