Request to PAC to modify SWC Control RP4-MZ11 and include "HMI Commander"

etulio

:
Mazda CX-5 2014
CX-5 sold in Europe and Australia, and probably other countries have an "HMI Commander" which is a Joystick close to hand brake that allows to move the cursor in the Radio Display, but looks like this is not available in USA.

IMG_7739.jpg

This "HMI Commander" is connected to the radio using a third SWC Line, so my Mazda has three SWC lines:
  • SWC standard with Volume, track skip, etc
  • SWC for Bluetooth: Answer Call, Mute, etc.
  • SWC for HMI Commander

Company PAC has released SWC Control Module RP4-MZ11 that can be used with Mazda cars:

http://pac-audio.com/productSearch.aspx?keyword=rp4-mz11

But current RP4-MZ11 is tailored for USA CX-5 and is able to handle the two SWC lines for Volume and Bluetooth phone, but not the third SWC Line for "HMI Commander", I asked PAC to confirm this and also if they have plans to modify RP4-MZ11 software to make the "HMI Commander " work, but their answer is:

PAC Development did confirm that that HMI Command control was possible if some time and effort were put in by the engineering department however but seeing that there is no demand here in the US market no budge will be allotted to proceed with the development.

My apologies that function control will not be possible.

So if you would like PAC RP4-MZ11 to work with this third SWC line, please say so in this thread and/or contact PAC, if there is enough people may be PAC will include this.

I wonder, what they use in Europe, different PAC adapter model number? There is another company, that makes these SWCs in Europe?

I wonder, what they use in Europe, different PAC adapter model number? There is another company, that makes these SWCs in Europe?

CX-5 in Europe is basically the same as in USA, but there are minor differences like adding this HMI Commander. Mazda has a kind of "Modular" design, so it is easy for them to add or remove car features.

In Europe we use the same RP4-MZ11 as in USA, but the HMI Commander functionality is lost, but the rest works fine.

Back