2011 driver side low beam bulb replacement

subman

:
2011 cx7 i sport
OK,I have been told that only the dealer can replace the headlight bulb as it involves basicly disassembling the front of the car. My quick look tells me they might be right. Am I missing something here?

Drivers Side Headlight !

OK,I have been told that only the dealer can replace the headlight bulb as it involves basicly disassembling the front of the car. My quick look tells me they might be right. Am I missing something here?

No actually if you check out you're owners manual you find directions on how to it's quite simple if you're handy at all ! If you have a floor jack it's easier if not you can still manage turn you're front wheels all the way to the drivers side remove the plastic push in fastners in the front of the wheel well that hold it in place pull it down or away enough to access the plastic screw over cover turn couter clock wise then remove the clip that holds in bulb do not touch youre new bulb reverse the process and you're done

Good Luck with that! On my 2011 CX-7 I attempted to replace the driver side low beam bulb. Driver's manual instructions are not quite correct. Had to remove the wheel, and the splash panel, and still could not disengage the clip, and in the process broke the plastic housing where the clip is attached.
Now, my problem is how to remove and replace the entire headlamp assy, and either (1) buy a new one for $400-$500, or (2) try to repair the housing with epoxy. But, I need instruction on how to remove and replace the entire assembly.

Help, anyone! Thanks.

Back