Windshield Wipers

kefun

:
2015 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD
So living in Toronto, we get some ice and snow stuck in the windshield. I'm finding my wipers sometimes don't make contact with the windshield. How do you guys keep ur wipers fresh with smooth wipes?

(I usually keep my wipers up when it snows and I make sure they're not iced up when I turn them on)

I use the long umbrella bags to cover my windshield wipers when it snows. Keeps moisture and snow away from the "suspension" and rubber of the windshield wipers- therefore, no icing and retains flexibility.

My girlfriend recently bought a few "Frost Guards". Relatively cheap and does its job will keeping snow away from the windshield. There are straps that loop around the mirrors to secure it. Saves us a bunch of time with every storm:
http://www.qvc.com/FrostGuard-Windshield-and-Wiper-Cover.product.V32886.html

Having a good de-icing windshield washer fluid is important to keep the sheet of ice away from the windshield when the car is in motion. Having the windshield defroster blasting the window can only do so much.

You can get better, frame-less type blades. They work really good for our winters. Look at Michelin at Costco.

Back