Can we start a thread on what were paying for 2016 CX5"s?

MSRP on the '16 was $34,085 (it came with the all weather mats, cargo cover, roof rack rails, wheel locks, and bumper guard).

Dealer would not budge from the price. Add insult to injury, he offered me $13,500 for my trade in which is at 59k miles.

Good thing I'm in no rush.

I am also in NJ and recently purchased a very similar model with an MSRP of $33,810. I paid $31,900 before tax, title, doc fee etc. There were no rebates included in that price and no trade. The vehicle was not on their lot, they had to locate it at another dealer which probably cost them a few extra dollars. Plus they included free oil changes for 2 years.

I used the Costco Auto plan. I'm sure that someone who enjoys negotiating could get an even better price. I think you need to find a new dealer.

I got an excellent deal because I bought mine "used, certified." So, I paid 22,900 for a 2016 FWD Blue Mica Touring. They threw in floor mats, and agreed to send it out to their favorite aftermarket heated seats installer to put in heated seats at cost. It only had 6K miles on it, it was "executive driven." Clean carfax. I retained original warranty plus the extra year/miles that you get with the Certified warranty. I'm happy. But there's another one like it at the dealership I was at -- O think there's a bunch of these "executive sales" driven cars out there with less than 10K miles on them, because I see them pop up on auto trader every two weeks.

I normally hate the phrase "Pre-owned" because I will usually ask, "What, didn't the previous owner actually USE this car? It's a USED CAR. Say it! Say it's a USED CAR or I won't buy it. What, the previous owner just takes the depreciation hit to be a nice guy? This is their hobby? To buy used cars and write off the depreciation?" Well, in this case, I think that's exactly what I got. Somebody else took the 1st year's depreciation hit for me, and I get another year and/or40K powertrain warranty. FTW!

Last edited:
First time Mazda owner, and enjoying our new car! We bought our CX-5 on December 29 at Oak Tree Mazda (San Jose, CA). Near end of month and end of year, the dealers were offering their best offers almost out the gate. I did my initial negotiating via email with about 4 serious offers, and only went in to the dealer for the purchase. The entire process from when I sent my first email to driving home with our new car took 4 days!

Our car: 2016 CX-5 GT AWD with Tech and I-Active packages. Titanium Flash with Black interior. During the email negotiations got the dealer to throw in the all-weather floor mats.

MSRP: $33,430
Negotiated Price: $30,798 (Another dealer was willing to beat that by $500, but they did not have the color combination we were set on)
Discount: $2,632

Sales Tax: $2,701.83
Doc Fee: $80
Other Fees: $348.70

Price OTD: $33,928.53

Trade-in: $6,000 (2008 BMW 328i Coupe with 110,000 miles......but there was some serious issue with the transmission, so we were more than happy to give it up for $6K when KBB gave a price of about $7K for a good condition car)

We could have got another $500 off by going with the standard financing option, but as we decided not to pay it off in one go, we went with their 0% for 36 months promotional offer (which we qualified for).

We could have haggled harder and threatened to walk, but we were happy with the offer, and more importantly, we knew the condition of our BMW was not good at all, so we didn't want to drive it back home.

2016.5 CX-5 GT FWD with technology package. Crystal White exterior and black interior. 28450 + TLL. Dealer located in the SF South Bay Area. Comments?

Not a fantastic deal but hopefully still can be called a good deal.

Last edited:
2016 CX5 GT with Tech package, Crystal White Paint for $27,850
CA sales tax, title, license brought it up to 30,750 OTD
Able to finance though my credit union at under 2%.

This seems to be the deal of the century here.

This should have been around 32K MSRP and you got it for $27,850.00?

CX5-AWD- TOURING-RED ( no tech package/no moon roof) $25100 + tax @ California , Bought in January

Back