Floor Mats for 2016

Just got a set of Maxpider 3ds from eTrailer. I'm not too thrilled about how they were packed. They seem to have taken a set where they were folded over and now don't lay flat in a couple areas (noteably, under the brake pedal). The rear mat was folded so hard, there's actually a crease on the part that goes over the hump. This eTrailer's packaging, with zero packaging from the manufacturer as far as I could tell. They must just have a stack of these they shove in boxes and ship out. I would avoid buying from them.

I would maybe try leaving them out in the sun on hot day on a flat surface and see if they don't fall back into shape.

My WeatherTech Digitalfit floor mats and cargo liner just came in today for my 2016 CX-5 GT.....the 2015 CX-5 Mats and cargo liner all fit PERFECTLY on the 16.
Does the Weathertech Cargo Liner also fits the the bottom side compartments like the OEM one (0000-8D-R01)?

I bought the 3D MAXpider, front and back, for my 2016 CX-5. I really like them except the 'label' on the driver's mat. The entire label is made of tin (I think) and the line under "3D", on the right, is curled upward toward the roof of the car(not level with the rest of the label), and has a sharp edge. Not much of an issue with shoes on but you can cut yourself if you're wearing sandles.

Just a note-- after about a year of service, my driver's side 3D MAXpider mat (the general style is sold under a couple of names) has worn through where my foot brushes up against it while driving-- up near the dead pedal. It's pretty noticeable because the core material is white/beige. I now realize that the main difference between these and the WeatherTech style is that the 3D mats are shaped foam with a thin covering layer of fabric like material, whereas the WeatherTech are solid straight through (rubber or resin, not sure). I prefer the looks of the 3D style (that's why I got them) but I'll think about it before replacing them with the same type. The covering might look robust, but it's surprisingly thin.

When I get a minute I'll post a picture to show what I mean.

Last edited:
Premium CX-5 Mats - what you always wanted.

I was looking for photos of these mats everywhere but no one posted any.

So I bought them and wanted to share.....Here are my photos of the Premium Mazda CX-5 Mats (front and back)

I understand they are only available in Canada. They are great looking a fit is tight! They are the best I have seen by far!

Attachments

• IMG_0696.jpeg
    IMG_0696.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_0698.jpeg
    IMG_0698.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_0699.jpeg
    IMG_0699.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_0700.jpeg
    IMG_0700.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_0701.jpeg
    IMG_0701.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
I was looking for photos of these mats everywhere but no one posted any.

So I bought them and wanted to share.....Here are my photos of the Premium Mazda CX-5 Mats (front and back)

I understand they are only available in Canada. They are great looking a fit is tight! They are the best I have see by far!

look like OEM versions of the aries 3d mats. Look great!

Certainly close to the aries. Once I saw the Mazda logo and style i was sold. The aries pattern just looks blah...

Here are some pics of Husky Weatherbeaters I ordered from autoanything.com last weekend (20% off with the sale they were running at the time.) They are definitely thin and somewhat flimsy feeling. Time will tell how long they last (from reading others reviews on here, they should last a while). You can see a few gaps, but those could be from the liners being bent in the shipping box for a while.

vrWCQcC.jpg

H9G5pSG.jpg

KnS3hBe.jpg

nAtsdxU.jpg

Purchased Puremats for the CX-5. May have to get some for the Mazda 6 now. I used to make these myself but for a bit more than buying bulk vinyl and with zero down time I get custom cut vinyl mats. Excellent fit. Perfect for those in beach/desert conditions but not recommended within snowy environments since they don't hold water. Dust and sand is easily vacuumed or wiped away.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Another option:

http://www.findway.ca/F518-Style-3D-Car-FLoor-Liner/Mazda/CX-5/2016

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uJ5kCN1fwBY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have these for our 2010 Mazda5 and really like them. Way cheaper than the Weathertechs (about $100 shipped in US currency)...and if you're not a fan of the rubber look, then these are a good compromise. Looks like their online ordering isn't working right now, but if you google Findway liners or mats, you'll see other car forums reviewing them as well. Here's my thread in the Mazda5 section here on this forum:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123843317-Findway-3D-Floor-Liners-(Pics-amp-Review)

Sorry for replying to a year old message, but I just purchased these for my new CX- 5 for about 90USD shipped. They're 120 Canadian. Thanks!

For anyone with Weathertech liners or any others for that reason, do they require you to remove to get out snow or other liquids? If so i imagine it wouldn't be fun to remove in cold winters.

I Went ahead and got the OEM floor mats. I kind of wish I went for the full coverage style mats for the front but for the price (~$70-80 for all 4) it was worth it.

Back