The Retrofit Source: Morimoto XB LED Fog Light Housings for Mazda

Would the LED fog light look good with stock halogen headlight? I've been thinking about it.. but doesn't make sense for the headlight to be yellow and then fog light to be 5000k pure white...

Just got my fogs today as i'm sure some others of your that took advantage of the group buy. Very excited to get 'em in. Is there anyone handy/brave enough to do a write-up in the how-to section to help teach us less confident fellas? Wondering if it can be done without taking the whole bumper off.

Does anyone know if this is universal to recent Mazdas? Would they fit into existing housings on a 2013 CX-9 GT?

Just got my fogs today as i'm sure some others of your that took advantage of the group buy. Very excited to get 'em in. Is there anyone handy/brave enough to do a write-up in the how-to section to help teach us less confident fellas? Wondering if it can be done without taking the whole bumper off.

You shouldn't have to take the whole bumper off. Just the black fog light covers.

Shout out to SAYNOTOPISTONS for getting this project started!

Wondering if it can be done without taking the whole bumper off.

Hopefully you were able to install them on your own.

I don't visit this site often and I did not take any pics when I installed mine but it is fairly straight forward. You do not have to take off the bumper, just the black plastic fog light cover and you can get access from unscrewing the splash guards directly under each fog light.

The tools I used were plastic trim removal tools, socket wrench with a Phillips head attachment because of the tight spaces, and a set of metal files for the stock plastic fog housing pieces.

- Unscrew the bottom splash guards under the fog lights.
- Remove the front fog light covers.
- Unplug the foglights
- There are 3 screws on the back of the black plastic housing attaching it to the car.
- Two screws holding the foglight to the house, one on the side and the bottom height adjustment one.
- You will not be able to install the LED foglight as is in the housing, line them up and you will see where to shave off the plastic to allow proper fitment. I had to shave off a couple of square inches on both housings. The driver's side needed to separate spots shaved off. This does not affect the structure rigidity of the housings at all.
- I would also recommend shaving off the plastic ring that held the bottom height adjustment screw, the stock setting is way too high and it will blind oncoming traffic.

cG0k5tDl.jpg

3mXN0Lxl.jpg

Installed these beauties myself the other day, huge difference over the stock halogen!

One thing bothering me though is radio interference when the fogs are turned on. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm interested as well! Im glad someone posted this. Also, does anyone know what kind of kit to buy from the Retrofit source for a CX5 without the Hid Factory set? I was thinking of the Morimoto Minis and a D2S bulb with AMP style ballasts.... Any thoughts?

Installed these beauties myself the other day, huge difference over the stock halogen!

One thing bothering me though is radio interference when the fogs are turned on. Has anyone else experienced this?

To fix the radio static, try these: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/accessories/ferrite-emi-blocking-rings.html#.VdvbAXBHaK0
They are pretty much ferrite compassitors that impede EMI. They're cheep enough to buy without knowing for sure if they will work 100%, but I'm confident that they will! Let me know how they work out for you.

Last edited:
Back