The Retrofit Source: Morimoto XB LED Fog Light Housings for Mazda

SayNoToPistons

Wheels, not rims...
:
CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech, RX-8 GT 6spd w/ 'goodies'
Morimoto released their XB LED fog light housings into the market for plug and play housing swaps covering MANY manufacturers. One literally unbolts their fog light housings and bolt on Morimoto's XB LED fog light housings. The reviews are positive from "experts of lighting" and I definitely agree having seen quite a few of them. Cut off is sharp, light throw is wide and even, light output is crisp LED white and very strong. These lights are one of the best dedicated fog lights I've seen with the Land Rover Evoque LED fogs coming in close (which is saying a lot).

Unfortunately, The Retrofit Source and Morimoto do not provide a plug and play option for Mazda. I have request TRS twice and they are finally considering the application with Morimoto. If anyone is interested, please support the official request I have made on their forum. I sure as hell want these in my CX-5 because our factory H11 housings are damn near worthless in any situation, especially fog.

The product (scroll down):
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/led-lighting.html

The forum request:
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/sho...g-light-request-for-Mazda&p=800109#post800109

Last edited:
Always been wanting one.. No clue why they didn't make one for Mazda when many Mazda use the same fog light unit...

Exactly. I'll be posting these in other Mazda sections as well to get more hits for the request.

TRS confirms that they have purchased a Mazda H11 fog light to start R&D.

Signed up and post on the forum to show interest... If no one shows interest, there won't be more news.

Last edited:
I wrote them an inquiry and this is the response I got. Perhaps mid to late summer.

Thanks for your inquiry! We unfortunately do not have any fog lights that will fit the new CX5, but they are in tooling phase at this point. I anticipate having some modeled up within about 4-5 months. Stay tuned!

Thanks again. Please let us know if we can be of any additional assistance.

Andrew @ TRS

I posted. I would buy one, as long as I could get it in 5000k. I want my lights matching.

Matt is now taking preorders for a group buy. Giving 25% off to early orders.
Click the above link.

Is it the XB Fog type S, they're making for the CX-5? So it would be $170 - 25% = $127.50? + shipping?

They had to modify the light because if it's shape so these will be in the ~$200 range. So I'm guessing $150ish by what is being talking about in the thread. Still to be determined. Might want to get on hd planet's forum and voice interest/reserve your fogs. Only doing 300 pieces so I'm sure they will go fast.

Back