Mazda3 08 Engine Light Indicator on

tomthomb

:
Mazda3 2008
Hello, suddenly while I'm on my way home my Mazda3 08 Engine Light Indicator turned on, I felt no changes at all.
I searched online and found someone tells to remove the wires of the battery and plug it again, I walked like this about 3 days then it show up again !!!
Any suggestions what it could be and how to solve it.
I have OBD2 cable but don't have a software, if possible may you send me a name or a link ?

have you changed anything on the car in the past 5-6 months? do you have the stock intake and exhaust on the car?

have you changed anything on the car in the past 5-6 months? do you have the stock intake and exhaust on the car?

Yes, 2 months before I changed the Expansion Coolant Water Tank, then 1 week before this sign appears I changed the oil and the filter otherwise nothing at all

Last edited:
You might want to check all the wires/pins on the MAF connector. Apparently, it is fairly common for them to become broken/loose. Also check for any vacuum leaks in tubing and around the intake manifold (although at only 7 years old, I doubt this is the source of the problem.

You might want to check all the wires/pins on the MAF connector. Apparently, it is fairly common for them to become broken/loose. Also check for any vacuum leaks in tubing and around the intake manifold (although at only 7 years old, I doubt this is the source of the problem.

Sorry I forgot to tell as it's a normal procedure here, after changed the oil the man took off the air filter and blow it with air and put it back.

sorry but i've looked in may websites to see how to get the MAF out for check, but looks that what's online is different than what i have, any suggestions how I can reach the MAF in mazda 3 2008 LHD

Have you been able to identify the MAF? It is typically right behind the intake filter or slightly downstream of it. There may be one or two clamps holding it in place.

Have you been able to identify the MAF? It is typically right behind the intake filter or slightly downstream of it. There may be one or two clamps holding it in place.

Found the MAF, was covered by dirt, I cleaned it and attached it again and removed the battery cable to reset the Engine indicator, and now will try the car again today

By the way, you might want to consider getting a ScanGauge if you don't have one, already. Not only can you identify and clear codes with it, but you can also have it display (when the ignition is on) any 4 of more than 16 parameters like air/fuel ratio, air intake temperature, exact coolant temp, ignition timing, etc. They are $200 new but used ones are readily available.

Thank you concept, well I don't gave this Scangauge or even a scanner I have to go for a workshop to check by the scanner and then have to check for a mechanic, but I try to fix it myself as I do in My other car BMW, but the BMW forums are much more active than all Mazda forums as I notices.
Well, I bought a Fuel system cleaner lubricant and it does help a little with the flickering while I drive, my car is Automatic and since this problem (Engine indicator) appears I face flickering specially on gear 1 & 2, then it run smoothly.
But today after Again the engine sign appear after it gone about 4 days now, and the car still flickering and in limp mode when it's on 1st and 2nd gear.

any suggestions what to do next!!!!

This Mazda 3 owner had the same code and did the following:

Re: CEL (P2177) System too lean off idle bank 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the lean off idle code also. Dealer discovered it when the CEL came on for the P2006 (intake actuator valve). Valve replaced, system reflashed, no problems at present. I am running the MS CAI and think there is a connection

I have a Mazdaspeed Cold Air Intake in my MX5 and there is never a code, so I doubt that was the cause of that person's CEL P2177. Therefore, that intake actuator valve may be the problem with your car.

Last edited:
what may cause the car to not run when I press accelerate and then start run in irregular way (gear 1 & 2) ? then it run well on gear 3 and 4

A small vacuum leak would cause that to happen. Then again, a bad intake actuator valve could mimic a small vacuum leak.

A small vacuum leak would cause that to happen. Then again, a bad intake actuator valve could mimic a small vacuum leak.

I can hear hissing somewhere, But I can't recognize where is it, where it could be ?
is there a Diagram for the Mazda 3 2008 to view all the hoses which may cause this leak ?

Yes, the factory service manual contains this. You may be able to find a used one, online.

Back