outgrwing the 5 :) :( :)

w2zoom

:
mazda 5
Well guys the family is growing and we are in need of a bigger family car, so our 5 is going up for sale we enjoyed it but it's time to move on. For those that might be interested it's an 09 5speed under 73k galaxy located in CA.

What are you going up to?
I see family with 4 kids use 5.. do you have 5 kids now?

I don't blame you! We have 3 kids, and with the rear seats up, there's ZERO room anymore. With the back seat still in a car seat, it's a PITA to get them strapped in. Even for them the leg room is lacking if we have a front passenger. I'd like to trade up to something bigger too.

I have two 90's odysseys :) not much bigger on the out side but big difference in the inside Vasy. I have 3kids and one on the way due next month and have a few things I still need to get. I love the 5 but just not enough room for the kids and stroller also keeping the color though lol.

Well guys the family is growing and we are in need of a bigger family car, so our 5 is going up for sale we enjoyed it but it's time to move on. For those that might be interested it's an 09 5speed under 73k galaxy located in CA.

How much?

Oh, we are one of those 6-seat families. Sure, we don't take it on road trips, but 30+ min 1 way isn't a big deal at all. Sure I could get a bigger vehicle, but the mpg hit sucks cuz its gonna be 16 mpg max city. If we do, it will be a Flex, but I still want to keep a Mazda5.

Not sure on the price yet I need to see what they are going for. I know what you mean on gas mileage on the highway if I follow the limit I can get up to 32mpg and mid 20's city. The 5 is just a great vehicle we love it, but with a baby seat and stroller is just not big enough.

OK. Four kids is a good excuse to move up. Usually I laugh at people saying they need a bigger car for a second kid.

Unfortunately, the Sienna is the most logical. The Odyssey has the V6 VCM crap, so you never know what will happen with the engine.

OK. Four kids is a good excuse to move up. Usually I laugh at people saying they need a bigger car for a second kid.

Unfortunately, the Sienna is the most logical. The Odyssey has the V6 VCM crap, so you never know what will happen with the engine.

Isn't VCM only on the top-o-the-line Touring/EX-L/Mondo-Special-Edition? Worse than VCM engine management is the hydraulic motor mounts that they use b/c a 4-stroke engine running on 3 cylinders shakes like Elvis Presley's pelvis.

Anyway I couldn't even begin to commit, but my wife is looking to get out of the 5MT and the Phantom Blue/black interior is MURDER in AZ w/o rear AC.

And I guess that we never got into the stroller/baby gear setup. We are able to stack 4 kids in the back and all the collapsible seats we need for Soccer Saturday though, but YMMV. We have had a baby seat and at least 1 booster in the car since we got it in 09 - Originally it was 2 boosters!

Last edited:
Isn't VCM only on the top-o-the-line Touring/EX-L/Mondo-Special-Edition? Worse than VCM engine management is the hydraulic motor mounts that they use b/c a 4-stroke engine running on 3 cylinders shakes like Elvis Presley's pelvis.

VCM is on all Honda V6 models with an ATX.

In addition to vibrating noticeably and making irritating audible noises, it surges back and forth as the torque converter locks and unlocks as the cylinder scheme changes. Drove me effing insane. Then there's the oil burn issue where the cylinders that are deactivated have premature ring wear, burn oil, and eventually fail.

I had an '09 Accord coupe. It was V6, leather, top of the line. I had to trade it with 5,500 miles it had so many problems. It was the worst car I ever owned. And I've owned a lot of cars.

Back