Rear Bumper Damage / Defect ?

:
Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring
So I came out to my car this morning to find my rear bumper looking like this. I do not have any idea how it got like this, the only thing I can possibly come up with was when I was backing into a spot recently I bumped a snowbank with the middle of my bumper not very hard at all. I have a hard time believing that could have caused the damage. Could it be a defect in the bumper or exhaust system and could the heat be warping the bumper and causing it to curl under. Has this happened to anything else, or can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks 2015-02-18B.jpg

I'd take it to your dealer without mentioning that you bumped into a snowbank, lol. From what I've heard around the forum, Wayne Mazda seems to be pretty decent.

Snow/ice can be as hard as concrete to a car. That is definitely impact damage. I bet it will pop right back out though.

I'd be more concerned about the way the badges on the rear hatch have lost all their chrome...(wink)

You heard good things about Wayne Mazda who is telling such lies those jerk offs are a bunch of ass clowns. I brought my car from them and wouldn't step foot near their dealership if it was the last one on earth. How would I go about popping it back out? I've tugged on it abit and nothing happened it doesn't seem to be caught up on something.

You heard good things about Wayne Mazda who is telling such lies those jerk offs are a bunch of ass clowns. I brought my car from them and wouldn't step foot near their dealership if it was the last one on earth. How would I go about popping it back out? I've tugged on it abit and nothing happened it doesn't seem to be caught up on something.

I haven't checked but there is probably a steel support brace. You need to lay on your back to see it. Once you understand what is going on you can decide if you are capable of doing the quick and dirty bend it back in place using muscle or whether it would be wiser to remove the brace and use a vice to straighten it.

What makes you say that? I have nothing but good experiences with them and same with MANY others I know that have shopped/serviced there.

Well, I had posted a thread asking what people were paying for oil changes through their dealer, and a few chimed in and said that Wayne gave them FREE oil changes for life. My dealer wouldn't even give me my first oil change for free when I had a free oil change coupon! Another story..

Anyway, if you hate Wayne Mazda so much...why did you let them stick a Wayne Mazda sticker on your car? My salesman handed me Brown Mazda license plate covers and I said "I won't be needing these..."

Funny how this guy comes in here claiming a manufacturer defect, when he backed into "snowbank" (ice pile). Then claims a well reviewed dealership to be "jerk offs" and "assclowns". Who should we believe?

I had nothing but problems with wayne Mazda they messed up a dozen things with my purchase told me thing that wasn't true and then did nothing to make the situation better. I wanted to buy my car from Ramsey Mazda but they didn't have the model I wanted. Anyways I would have expected the bumper to crack or scratch from hitting the snow not bend the bumper its a hard ridged material it wouldn't bend the way it did. I'm really surprised this has not happened to anyone else.

Irrelevant to the original problem in this thread, but is there a dealership thread somewhere? Is that allowed? Like... for people to post good or bad things about certain Mazda dealerships around the world, I guess - granted, if they're thorough descriptions. Not just, "THIS DEALERSHIP SUCKED A BAG OF DICKS" and no explanations, heh.

Irrelevant to the original problem in this thread, but is there a dealership thread somewhere? Is that allowed? Like... for people to post good or bad things about certain Mazda dealerships around the world, I guess - granted, if they're thorough descriptions. Not just, "THIS DEALERSHIP SUCKED A BAG OF DICKS" and no explanations, heh.

+1 boy do I have some stories about my dealer!

You could start a thread like that.

Anyways I would have expected the bumper to crack or scratch from hitting the snow not bend the bumper its a hard ridged material it wouldn't bend the way it did. I'm really surprised this has not happened to anyone else.

I guess most of us do not back into hard objects on a regular basis.

I'm surprised you would rather have the bumper shroud made of a hard, rigid material that would split or crack rather than a flexible material that could give without breaking.

Back