touchscreen size for msp

mspk2

:
03.5 MSP
well my deck took a crap on me this morning and since its tax season im going to spoil myself and do a touchscreen deck. what size will fit in the msp? ive seen 6.2 inch, 7 inch, and 8 inch. has anyone had any install issues? ive done plenty of installs so im familiar with the whole process. anyone have pics of their install?

Just a regular double-din size will fit, anything bigger will require modification. Where are you at in Austin?

Yes any double-din will fit, they all have the same chassis size but some have larger screens than others.
Generally, the larger the screen, the more expensive the head unit, just like computer monitors, TV's, etc.

Last edited:
ok so I bought a pioneer avh270bt head unit, upon install I was attempting to get everything in the dash and something decided to arc. don't know how as all my connections are heat shrink like I always do but it did, so now my dome light, keyless entry, and the harness doesn't have power. I know the harness doesn't bc I plugged my old deck back in and it doesn't turn on. I have checked the radio fuse but its still good. what im wondering is if theres another fuse that controls all this stuff. anyone have a clue? hornsfan10609 im in north Austin. I live over by Parmer and Dessau rd

Check the fuse panel, there are fuses for every circuit in the car. What color is your MSP? I am down south in Oak Hill but there is a group of MSP owners that meet up every once in a while. Do you ever go to meets?

blazin yellow mica, never been to that meet but I go to quite a few meets up north here, im always the lonely msp. ill start checking circuits when this weather warms up a bit.

You should check out the autopumpkin. Touchscreen headunits all seem clunky in comparison.

ok so I bought a pioneer avh270bt head unit, upon install I was attempting to get everything in the dash and something decided to arc. don't know how as all my connections are heat shrink like I always do but it did, so now my dome light, keyless entry, and the harness doesn't have power. I know the harness doesn't bc I plugged my old deck back in and it doesn't turn on. I have checked the radio fuse but its still good. what im wondering is if theres another fuse that controls all this stuff. anyone have a clue? hornsfan10609 im in north Austin. I live over by Parmer and Dessau rd

Im in North Austin as well. I see a yellow msp parked in a complex on the corner of Metric and Gracy Farms too.

Back