New Ohio Member

pharmST

:
1984 Mazda RX-7
I'm a long time Mazda fan and owner of a first gen RX7. Just joined the forums today. I'm also a member of rx7club and focusst.org. Always happy to join in on a good forum. Cheers to all! Hope to get to know some fellow Mazda fanatics.

Welcome, where are you from? I'm on TapaTalk, so if it's under your profile, I'm sorry, lol

I'm originally from Prichard WV, I moved just across the river to Proctorville, OH. Other than my RX7 I had a 1990 Miata as well. Sadly those have been my only Mazdas. Until maybe the new MS3 or a new RX series comes out.

Lol, it's a kinda sleeper tank. It's fun to drive & different from the rest.

I'm also part of the focus community as well. Sold the focus, which I miss every so often, for the cx7, but i like the 7 sooo much more. In may there a focus g2g in Columbus if you are interested:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522913

I think you'd be surprised of all the modding people do to cars now a days. Especially with some of these cuv's having turbos in them. I just hope Mazda can bring the cx5 up to par with the escape but keep/get similar gas mileage.

Lol, it's a kinda sleeper tank. It's fun to drive & different from the rest.

I'm also part of the focus community as well. Sold the focus, which I miss every so often, for the cx7, but i like the 7 sooo much more. In may there a focus g2g in Columbus if you are interested:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522913

I think you'd be surprised of all the modding people do to cars now a days. Especially with some of these cuv's having turbos in them. I just hope Mazda can bring the cx5 up to par with the escape but keep/get similar gas mileage.

That would be nice on the CX5. My wife is looking to get one. She has a 2010 Escape with the V6. It does ok but has high miles. Any idea his much HP your tank is putting out? I really like my Focus ST, but to be honest I have buyers remorse on it. It has to be the most problematic new car I've ever owned. I only have 2K miles on it and it has been in for repair 4 times now. It also drives so inconsistent. Can be fine for a week then one day it is idling erratic, it won't go into gears, clutch is engaging harshly, it will get the dreaded FoST stumble at take off or worse stall out. I haven't seen any modded Escapes around but I'm certain people could get some power out of the Titanium with the 2.0 ecoboost. My coworker has a juke with some mods on it, and it does pretty good for a practical little CUV. It didn't keep up with my ST in a friendly impromptu race but did better than I thought. Thanks for the heads up on that G2G. I may check that out.

Any idea his much HP your tank is putting out?

Not enough, lol

I've heard getting a Cobb Access Port is a good way to fix some of those issues, but it is a new car & you shouldn't have to deal with that.

Not enough, lol

I've heard getting a Cobb Access Port is a good way to fix some of those issues, but it is a new car & you shouldn't have to deal with that.

My thoughts exactly, I'm not flashing tunes on a 6 month old car. My WRX is beyond modded and still runs fine with 120,000 miles. The stumbling and stalling is from bad wiring harnesses. Getting Ford to fix it on the other hand.....lol good luck. The inconsistencies with clutch and gear engagement though....I have no idea. The dealer has made changes to my ECU twice, hasn't helped anything. Don't mean to be whiny, but it is bothersome.

Welcome! I like the ST's, fun cars. Hope your issues get worked out.

Checked out your MS3. Very nice. I've always been a big fan of them. You have more mods on your MS3 then my RX7, and it has very few stock components left. It is in the garage section of my profile if you want to check it out.

That would be nice on the CX5. My wife is looking to get one. She has a 2010 Escape with the V6. It does ok but has high miles. Any idea his much HP your tank is putting out? I really like my Focus ST, but to be honest I have buyers remorse on it. It has to be the most problematic new car I've ever owned. I only have 2K miles on it and it has been in for repair 4 times now. It also drives so inconsistent. Can be fine for a week then one day it is idling erratic, it won't go into gears, clutch is engaging harshly, it will get the dreaded FoST stumble at take off or worse stall out. I haven't seen any modded Escapes around but I'm certain people could get some power out of the Titanium with the 2.0 ecoboost. My coworker has a juke with some mods on it, and it does pretty good for a practical little CUV. It didn't keep up with my ST in a friendly impromptu race but did better than I thought. Thanks for the heads up on that G2G. I may check that out.

Have you done the wiring harness recall yet?

Checked out your MS3. Very nice. I've always been a big fan of them. You have more mods on your MS3 then my RX7, and it has very few stock components left. It is in the garage section of my profile if you want to check it out.
Thank you! It's still being daily driven for the time being, but I plan on changing that soon. Your rx7 is awesome, I have a soft spot for the first gens

Have you done the wiring harness recall yet?

Nope. I've had it in 4 times and complained about it each time. No code shown, so obviously no problem. They also have no explanation why some days it feels like a rock is jammed into the gates for first, second, and third. To the point I have to force the gear shift into place. If I run my AC and come to a stop, stalls about 50% of the time. Sucks they only recalled the 2013s.

Thank you! It's still being daily driven for the time being, but I plan on changing that soon. Your rx7 is awesome, I have a soft spot for the first gens

Thank you too! I DD my ST. The RX7 goes to shows and autoX meets. It is rarely driven. My WRX sits a lot too. I've got a ton done to it. Need to attach some pics of it.

Nope. I've had it in 4 times and complained about it each time. No code shown, so obviously no problem. They also have no explanation why some days it feels like a rock is jammed into the gates for first, second, and third. To the point I have to force the gear shift into place. If I run my AC and come to a stop, stalls about 50% of the time. Sucks they only recalled the 2013s.

They also recalled the first half of the 2014s too. PM me your VIn and I'll check for you.

Sounds like something is up with your linkage. Have you tried another dealership?

Back