Fresh Sweet Donuts Everywhere! (work log)

Thanks! Konig countersteers. Had them for years. Basically same thing as the Rota grids

this happened today.

i-nL7vGpt-M.jpg
i-DxCpCBC-M.jpg

o0o0o0o yummy more fresh donuts!?. how fun was that on an inclined driveway?

really easy for me because my mechanic friend is doing all of the work lol.

not too much to update. engine is back in. it should be done soon for the first start up. hoping all goes well

i-dgq7xDX-L.jpg

i-Ts3Vnrm-L.jpg

for future reference, what's everyones take on proper engine break in? just planning ahead

for future reference, what's everyones take on proper engine break in? just planning ahead

drive it like a race car immediately. I'm actually not kidding, personally. I drove a "proper break in" for my sti as stated by the manufacturer and it had many issues. Ring seating is imperative right off of jump. There's a small frame of time for the rings to seat correctly, which require high temp. IDK, just a thought.

other engines i've broken in this way and had ZERO issues.

i've been told that too but i also have a new clutch in the car and the instructions for the clutch pretty much says to take it easy

boostdprotegelx is right. You'll want to do a full power run right away. This will allow the rings to properly seat.

for how many miles do i do this? lol. i mean, could i be easy and ease into WOT and accomplish the same thing?

for how many miles do i do this? lol. i mean, could i be easy and ease into WOT and accomplish the same thing?

basically you don't want to have the engine "warm up"... because the first 20-30 minutes at most, are crucial for ring seat.

you can/should go near wot or aggressive driving near immediately. there was a good website explaining this but i can't remember. but you don't use your brakes you use engine braking.

Essentially it's start, quickly go up to like 60mph, and decel via the engine. do that a few times and you're good.

the car is up and running as of friday. an issue has come up where a few ebay AN fittings used in the oil relocation system are leaking. i have replacements in the mail as one more needs to be replaced before the car is driveable. i definitely plan on changing all ebay fittings with quality fittings in the near future. wouldn't want to spring a leak during while driving or traveling long distances.

lesson learned: don't buy ebay AN fittings.

i-V53LPtP-XL.jpg

i-nTFFqDD-XL.jpg

got the car back on wednesday evening and it felt great to have the car back. the 70 duro solid motor mounts are a nice touch in my opinion. they're not as crazy as most people made them out to be. yeah, the car got a little louder and no the car isn't rattling everything off in the cabin. i really like it actually. well, drove the car the next day to work. on my way home, i decided to be logical and checked the spot i parked on. saw some water spots and a small pool of oil. doh. jacked the car up when i got home, cleaned up all the oil, ran the car, revved it a few times and found the oil leak. there's one more ebay AN fitting that needs to be changed out -the one on the oil adapter behind the block. it's really annoying that such a small part has been causing so much headache. as i no longer wish to have these sort of headaches, i went and ordered aeroquip fittings to have on hand. everything else with the car seems 100% except for my AC not working which will be dealt with later.

here's the mess before i cleaned off all the oil.

i-8m3f59S-L.jpg

the fitting that's leaking is on the left. it leaks right where the blue and red meets (don't know the proper term for that)

i-638tsVP-L.jpg

never again......

i-8rQ684N-L.jpg

Last edited:
alright, i'll stop boring you guys about the oil leaks. did a quick front end alignment over the week and drove the car to work today. using 10-30 break in oil, i get the following oil pressure readings: cold idle ~63psi and hot idle ~19. should it be tweaked to be higher?

i will be ordering an oil catch can soon. thinking about replacing the coolant overflow tank to match too.

i-CsJKZ8b-L.jpg

19psi at hot idle is great! I make about 21, which makes me very happy. And you want max pressure to be between 65 and 70psi. But I see no harm in leaving it at 63.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

woot. (insert boring rant about ebay fittings here). i'm officially leak free! swap was done at 125054 miles and i got about 160 miles on the engine right now. will be driving it more now that the oil leaks are taken care of. just installed a catch can too. next up will be fixing the AC.

i-MTcwVqr-L.jpg

i-Q4WZDvF-L.jpg

i-63LZFpw-L.jpg

Latest posts

Back