VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Fresh Sweet Donuts Everywhere! (work log)

black ops modifications.. AzteCypher's Avatar

2001 Mazda Protege LX

Ah, I see it now that you pointed it out. My roof top is in worse shape thanks to the sun. Yours looks great in comparison.

Registered Member

lolmsp

most likely save up for a couple more years and go get this paint job somewhere. need to do some research on paint shops.
    03 MSP, 03 P5

03.5 MSP Titanium, 11 EVO X WW

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    most likely save up for a couple more years and go get this paint job somewhere. need to do some research on paint shops.
    Stock or Modified does real good work. They aren't cheap though.

Registered Member

lolmsp

Quote Originally Posted by haze20 View Post
    Stock or Modified does real good work. They aren't cheap though.
    Yes yes. This I know lol
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

lolmsp

went to skyline drive with a few others.

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

lolmsp

looks like a water leak into the cabin that a friend helped me fix from 2010 is back. found the passenger side floorboard wet. stuffed a tshirt up in the upper right corner of the car behind the dash and it was soaked after a storm. i'll deal with it when i can deal with it :P

Donated: $25

LX, MSP 1145

Easily remedied, I showed a “how to” so to speak on my Instagram or Exile. You can access pretty easily if you look st pics
    Be happy!

Registered Member

lolmsp

thanks, I'm aware. Just busy with work and WD as you already know.

Registered Member

lolmsp

Updates for 2019 so far:

Around Jan/Feb, my no-weld return fitting on oil pan was leaking so spent some time fixing that. Shortly after an actual oil line started leaking. I assumed my return fitting fix failed but it wasn't the case. Replaced line and went about my business.

Using seam sealer, fixed the interior leak in the passenger floorboard. Been through plenty of heavy storms now and no more water gets into the cabin.

In April, removed the solid rear motor mount and replaced it with the original mount filled with window weld. Got really tired of the vibrations inside of the car. It feels much better now. That journey went really well. I completed it in 4 hours start to finish without any hiccups. Surprised since I've always read many horror stories about the rear mount. Surely the car being apart recently helped tremendously.

My P5 beater has been down for about 3 weeks so I've been dailying the MSP and the oil pressure gauge freaked out today. During my commute to work, I looked at it and gave a reading of 0psi. Anytime it's revved over 3k or so, it'll immediately jump to 50psi and then back to 0psi as the revs drop. Logic tells me mechanical issues wouldn't cause the gauge to jump from 0 to 50 in a split second. After some research, it could be a loose connection or a bad sending unit. Apparently these sending units are notorious for failing. Many have suggested to relocate the sending unit off of the block to minimize exposure to vibrations. I will be checking for loose connections first sometime next week then ordering a new sending unit if that isn't the cause.

Edit: Driving home yesterday, noticed the gauge basically doesn't work under about 40psi lol.

Here's a recent photo.

Last edited by 323; 05-16-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910