Fresh Sweet Donuts Everywhere! (work log)

fix the TPS reports. did you not get the memo?

i hope i didn't mess something up. the car drove fine this morning. this afternoon it idled high (~1000) and threw a code lol. can i even drive this thing normally? getting really tired of it

got code p2006. checked live data at idle and tps % is at 44%. i know the tps is adjustable so i marked it and lined it back up when i put it back on.

i've encountered this issue about 5-6 years ago. i replaced it with another used tb and it's been good ever since. BUT, i will be keeping my eye out that pos. the original tb is still in my possession so i could rebuild that one.

Here's the tb shaft seal dimensions - 10x14x3mm. They can be purchased here: https://www.avxseals.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TC10x14x3

Seal fits tight and when held next to the stock one you can tell it's far superior in quality. I was having repeated failures and kept replacing with junkyard tb's but they never lasted long. Differences after installing the upgraded seal was a noticeable improvement in boost response with cosistant afrs and idle.. All wins

This vid was helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqT5h0sMX4U

Replaced solenoid. Tried to adjust tps and couldn’t get it in spec so I took it off to find the prongs bent lol. I’m not too sure how I did that. Put a new one on and adjusted it. Test drive is tomorrow

Drove car all week. Finally get to enjoy it again so I’m happy. The TPS issue that I somehow caused is resolved.

definitely due for an update. i ended up removing the 440cc injectors for now and may revisit them later. much rather enjoy the car rather than stare at it and scratch my head at it all summer. for some reason, after resetting my ecu and reloading my fuel map, the car would run awesome and have the proper AFR for about 3-4 days. during that 3-4 days (even without adjusting my tune, trust me i've tried), it would peg 10.0 under wot. changing the map once this symptom started didn't ever make a difference ever. put the stock injectors back on and loaded the superstock map and the car runs awesome. i'll leave it as is for the time being since adulting has been taking up most of my time.

only issue at the moment is the car developed a weird rattle that resembled the sound of an exhaust heat shield around 900-1100 rpm that seems to be coming from the front left side of the car. having the ac on at idle would sometimes rev the car up just enough to trigger the sound as well. rattles while at a stop, moving, clutch in, clutch out, braking, not braking lol. it's somewhat driving me nuts. once the car is revved over that specific rpm while stopped or moving, the car operates as normal. i've been under it twice with it idling and the ac on and couldn't pinpoint where the sound is coming from. couldn't find anything loose. it sounds loudest near the area of the trans and intake mani from under the car. looking under the hood you don't hear it at all. i'll have to bring it to a friend to have him take a look see when i get some time.

My mechanic friend found the rattle. The rear motor mount connects to the transmission via a bracket right? There are 3 bolts on that bracket. They were all loose and 2 of them are stripped. Anybody happen to know the specs of those bolts so I can shop for a helicoil kit?

Circled bolts are the ones that are stripped.

i-28G8qND-XL.jpg

i-54LDscK-XL.jpg

Last edited:
That looks like something i had to buy recently.
Its engine Mount 1 close to the firewall and attaches to the manual trans from its side?
If so,i have the receipt and diagram with the parts number,just have to dig it out.
Give me a day or two since its a holiday weekend to get back to you

Last edited:
Glad you got that info.
I wish my windows still looked that good,weather and sun has faded the pillars and rubber has a few cracks now.

Me too. My paints looking rough now. Those are really old pics of the car lol

Back