Fresh Sweet Donuts Everywhere! (work log)

looks like a water leak into the cabin that a friend helped me fix from 2010 is back. found the passenger side floorboard wet. stuffed a tshirt up in the upper right corner of the car behind the dash and it was soaked after a storm. i'll deal with it when i can deal with it :p

Easily remedied, I showed a how to so to speak on my Instagram or Exile. You can access pretty easily if you look st pics

Updates for 2019 so far:

Around Jan/Feb, my no-weld return fitting on oil pan was leaking so spent some time fixing that. Shortly after an actual oil line started leaking. I assumed my return fitting fix failed but it wasn't the case. Replaced line and went about my business.

Using seam sealer, fixed the interior leak in the passenger floorboard. Been through plenty of heavy storms now and no more water gets into the cabin.

In April, removed the solid rear motor mount and replaced it with the original mount filled with window weld. Got really tired of the vibrations inside of the car. It feels much better now. That journey went really well. I completed it in 4 hours start to finish without any hiccups. Surprised since I've always read many horror stories about the rear mount. Surely the car being apart recently helped tremendously.

My P5 beater has been down for about 3 weeks so I've been dailying the MSP and the oil pressure gauge freaked out today. During my commute to work, I looked at it and gave a reading of 0psi. Anytime it's revved over 3k or so, it'll immediately jump to 50psi and then back to 0psi as the revs drop. Logic tells me mechanical issues wouldn't cause the gauge to jump from 0 to 50 in a split second. After some research, it could be a loose connection or a bad sending unit. Apparently these sending units are notorious for failing. Many have suggested to relocate the sending unit off of the block to minimize exposure to vibrations. I will be checking for loose connections first sometime next week then ordering a new sending unit if that isn't the cause.

Edit: Driving home yesterday, noticed the gauge basically doesn't work under about 40psi lol.

Here's a recent photo.

i-xDS7wdZ-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Replaced the oil pressure sending unit and my gauge works again. Glad it was the sending unit haha.

i-C3BSK6D-XL.jpg

Not much to update. Planned on dropping off my turbo manifold to be ceramic coated pretty soon whenever I get time. Here are some random photos.

msp and wife's Forester XT.

i-bZJn4Sb-XL.jpg

i-Jg8hwRT-XL.jpg

i-RDT8QZV-XL.jpg

dpwhitehead's newly pained msp

i-6PvMNvN-XL.jpg

i-dZcN2VN-XL.jpg

I had a friend that primered his car then clear coated it.
It looked really good!!

If I did that, I'd use the red oxide primer to help hide my rust.

I think this would look awesome with a clearcoat finish.

Been a while. Car was overdue for a wash. My headlights haven't been this clear for over a year lol. Cleaned it up for a quick cars and coffee because the wife wants to bring her new toy out there. We're driving separately.

i-cq4n2vq-XL.jpg

i-ncPmjNF-XL.jpg

Said new toy:

i-qzzL9Bg-X2.jpg

New toy is teh sex. I love it.

But the msp, even with its paint flaws and such still shines nicely and looks amazing.

Just the black Supra and NSX interest me. give me them.

oh and your wifes car. and yours.

I see her hiding in one of those pics.

Just the black Supra and NSX interest me. give me them.

oh and your wifes car. and yours.

I see her hiding in one of those pics.

you're running out of space for your skyline now aren't you? haha.

did a boost leak test yesterday. during my cars and coffee adventure, found my car was hesitating under load/boost. turns out the blow off valve is leaking at the flange. guess i can't complain since the O ring that sits there has lasted for 8 years. might also explain why the car likes to lean out at idle sometimes.

i-njXWNGt-XL.jpg

Replaced the O ring over the weekend and that portion no longer leaks. Took it to work today and it didn't pass the test. Noticed it happens when I hit about 9-11psi of boost and my AFR's are running lean. This issue is just going to have to wait for a bit as I won't have time to tend to it for a couple weeks.

i-dDnkFR9-L.jpg

Back