Fresh Sweet Donuts Everywhere! (work log)

Have you tried doing a thread chaser first? Sometimes you can get away with just putting a thread chaser in there and turning nice and slow; Thread chasers clean and deburr the threads. I've used on a couple of times on different cars, with good results. Even used a thread chaser to save heads on a car from gunked up threads for the spark plugs

I've used the back to black stuff on the Pillars, plastic area outside of the lower front window, and plastic & rubber around the windows - shines it up nice :)

I've never done a compound polishing/buffing like in that video, but I might be trying that soon on my old truck.

Worth a shot on the pillars but the rubber on mine is aged,cracked,and chewed up.
Fortunately the rubber trim parts are still available and fairly inexpensive.I'm planning on taking care of that before i try and do any tinting.

Have you tried doing a thread chaser first? Sometimes you can get away with just putting a thread chaser in there and turning nice and slow; Thread chasers clean and deburr the threads. I've used on a couple of times on different cars, with good results. Even used a thread chaser to save heads on a car from gunked up threads for the spark plugs

I didn*t get to see your message in time to try the idea. I just dropped the car off yesterday for this helicoil fix. Crossing my fingers.

helicoil fix on the two stripped bolts was a success. here's a pic of the good side of the car :)

i-RwHghDx-XL.jpg

hung out with Gabe710 last night for a small cruise to the car wash since his p5 is up and running properly again. today i decided to clean the interior and wiped down the engine bay of the msp since it's nice out.

i-jPtb5d3-XL.jpg

Great stuff....I'm looking forward to future updates. I wish Mazda decided to turbo the P5.

Last edited:
hung out with Gabe710 last night for a small cruise to the car wash since his p5 is up and running properly again. today i decided to clean the interior and wiped down the engine bay of the msp since it's nice out.

Thanks again for the invite and conversations! We'll have to go out and grab some beers soon

Great stuff....I'm looking forward to future updates. I wish Mazda decided to turbo the P5.

save up man! the msp turbo setup is basically a bolt on affair and will be a good starting point to helping you learn about turbos!

rear quarter panel's clearcoat started flaking. i just sanded and sprayed it with touch up paint to hold me over for a couple years or so. after a year, it started flaking lol.. you can use your imagination :) i'm not proud of it. you can see it on post #35 and #36

Last edited:
Ah, I see it now that you pointed it out. My roof top is in worse shape thanks to the sun. Yours looks great in comparison.

most likely save up for a couple more years and go get this paint job somewhere. need to do some research on paint shops.

Back