In Memory of Mazdas247 Member "1338"
In Memory of Mazdas247 Member "1338"
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fresh Sweet Donuts Everywhere! (work log)

Pro5

I had some issues with cc ventilation as well. I gutted my pcv and run both ports to a vented can. Works good now. Had a little extra blowby during the break in period, but all is well now.

(-_-) ...zZzzZzZZ

running both ports to a vented can doesn't cause the car to hesitate at all?
    03 MSP, 03 P5

Pro5

No, not that I've noticed. The only negative is that you forgo the vacuum assist, so the oil will technically get dirty faster. Not fast enough for me to switch back though. Simplicity wins.

(-_-) ...zZzzZzZZ

fun times.

the bad all happened out of the blue so that sucks.
    - wiped off all oil before work, took car off jack stands, drove to work to test it out. pushed it a little
    - checked car during my lunch break, oil is present again in circled areas which were cleaned off in the morning (pic 1)
    - thinking it is the oil dip stick, i cleaned and wrapped a napkin around it for my drive home. thought about it some more, dip stick would spray in 360 degrees right? (pic 2)
    - during my drive home, oil was leaking onto my exhaust causing smoke making me look like an idiot.
    - got home, found that napkin around dipstick is dry. found oil coming out of vc at the gasket and at my oil cap (pic 3 and 4)
    - going to replace vc gasket and pcv and try again.
    - will drive it around the block for testing purposes. i thought i was past this point lol..
    - other than that I don’t know what else to do or look for

the good:
    - went to friends house to pressure wash a spare valve cover for powder coating as my current is chipping really bad
    - got cr3 valve cover hardware on the way too to make it look even prettier.

Last edited by 323; 10-26-2017 at 08:08 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Certified Mazda Tech hornsfan10609's Avatar

2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege x2

I have a catch can and have installed and removed it twice from it leaking under boost. It sprays a mist of oil in the engine compartment.
    Mod List. "Jinba Ittai"

2003.5 Titanium Mazdaspeed Protege #1345 Purchased 7/20/10
    2003.5 Titanium Mazdaspeed Protege #1574 Purchased 10/25/14

2009 Highland Green Mustang Bullitt #5998 12.9@110
    2002 Red Protege5 RIP:4/25/10

(-_-) ...zZzzZzZZ

Quote Originally Posted by hornsfan10609 View Post
    I have a catch can and have installed and removed it twice from it leaking under boost. It sprays a mist of oil in the engine compartment.
    Luckily mine seals very well. I did experience leaking with an eBay greddy style knock off catch can. Going to turn it into a piggy bank in the future since it’s useless. Tried sealing it numerous times but it continued to leak
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

(-_-) ...zZzzZzZZ

replaced valve cover and pcv valve. shook the old pcv valve and couldn't hear the check valve rattling so that must've been a big part of my problem. went for a test drive and the top side is now dry. bottom still had some oil but not enough where it dripped onto the ground. it made the undercarriage covers wet. changed out the dip stick tube o ring (which didn't look that bad to me really), cleaned it all up and now the leak stopped. im happy it was the dipstick tube and not the front main seal.

Certified Mazda Tech hornsfan10609's Avatar

2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege x2

Good to hear, I have had the dipstick leak on me as well. Easy fix though. Cobb will be selling air-oil separators soon for Subarus, I think I will try to make one work on my MSP. My cheap weapon R one doesn't seem to work very well.

(-_-) ...zZzzZzZZ

yeah, oil leaks are not fun to deal with. i was just under the car about 20 minutes ago doing a checkup on the leaks. appears to be good. i just skimmed through my own thread and all them oil leaks are so sad lol. it's been a while since pictures were posted so here's a pic of my car with my friend's nissan laurel. everybody likes pictures!

Last edited by 323; 11-07-2017 at 07:19 PM.

(-_-) ...zZzzZzZZ

got an oil temp gauge coming soon so i'll be moving the gauges around. here's how they currently sit. my freshly powder coated valve cover will be in soon too

(-_-) ...zZzzZzZZ

got some goodies from cr3 in the mail today.

Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege

much as i like cr3 but they are n odd set and color,whats the purpose?

(-_-) ...zZzzZzZZ

I didn’t arrange all of them for the picture. They’re for the valve cover. I got a set but with two colors so I got enough for two cars lol.

Oh yeah it was really cold today and my cold oil pressure at idle hit 75psi when I started it up compared to the usual ~68psi.

(-_-) ...zZzzZzZZ

got my powder coated valve cover in. looks like a piece of chocolate haha

(-_-) ...zZzzZzZZ

installed the valve cover today. the color is strange in dimmer light but i like it. it almost appears to be a deep red. in fair lighting it just looks like a piece of chocolate. when it's bright, you'll see the bronze like you do in the photos above.

old vs new

installed with new hardware washer and bolts to dress it up a bit.

i broke my old pcv grommet lol. it was old and brittle anyway.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456