2016 Mazda CX-5 - What do you not like?

Has anyone felt the car might topple if you are at highway speeds with cross winds turing right and winds blowing right to left? I felt a slight back pain after a run during heavy winds realizing i sat stiff due to being edgy about handling.

In the CX5? No, not ever.

In our CRV? Yes, long sharp turn on an interstate. I actually had to drop below the posted limit until I finished going around the bend. Very uneasy feeling. But I'm confident the CX5 would have handled it like a champ.

In the CX5? No, not ever.

In our CRV? Yes, long sharp turn on an interstate. I actually had to drop below the posted limit until I finished going around the bend. Very uneasy feeling. But I'm confident the CX5 would have handled it like a champ.

I was on the highway today, driving behind someone. Big pot hole came out of nowhere, quickly shifted my cx5 around it. Thing handled it like nothing. Pretty sure if I tried that in just about any other CUV that competes with the cx5, and I may toppled over.

I was on the highway today, driving behind someone. Big pot hole came out of nowhere, quickly shifted my cx5 around it. Thing handled it like nothing. Pretty sure if I tried that in just about any other CUV that competes with the cx5, and I may toppled over.

CX5 fail.

The new CRV would have breaked due to its better braking, fixed the pothole instantly with its cement disposer under the grille all the while making a soy chai latte for the owner while he enjoyed a bath in his 76 cu ft Jacuzzi.

I hate to bump a thread with just an lol. I really do but...

LOL

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ROTFLMAO.gif

Day 1 of ownership on my 2016.5 GT AWD and the things I do not like are:

1) Chrome vents are horribly reflective to the point where they actually obstruct the image in the sideview mirror. They look lovely, but this is just silly and such blatantly poor design it's kind of amazing no one at Mazda thought it was a problem. It's almost a safety hazard. I am going to figure out a solution ASAP.

2) Center console wiggles. I thought it wasn't properly attached but the dealer showed me another one and it wiggled just as much. It feels cheap and makes me concerned about how fragile it may be.

3) The Bose soundsystem is totally unbalanced. It sounds pretty good, but you have to set the fader pretty much all the way to the rear or it sounds like the music is coming from right in front of your face, and the EQ is just weird - very mid heavy, but also kind of processed in a way that emphasizes parts of music in a very unnatural way. It's one of the more bizarre default sound systems I've encountered and I'm surprised it's considered not just acceptable by Mazda but their upgraded system. It's not a high priority right now but I'm going to have to do something about it eventually.

4) Glove box is absurdly tiny and has no lock. Not a huge issue but it's the smallest glovebox I've ever seen and it's on the largest vehicle I've ever owned, it just feels wrong to me.

1) Chrome vents are horribly reflective to the point where they actually obstruct the image in the sideview mirror. They look lovely, but this is just silly and such blatantly poor design it's kind of amazing no one at Mazda thought it was a problem. It's almost a safety hazard. I am going to figure out a solution ASAP.

2) Center console wiggles. I thought it wasn't properly attached but the dealer showed me another one and it wiggled just as much. It feels cheap and makes me concerned about how fragile it may be.

3) The Bose soundsystem is totally unbalanced. It sounds pretty good, but you have to set the fader pretty much all the way to the rear or it sounds like the music is coming from right in front of your face, and the EQ is just weird - very mid heavy, but also kind of processed in a way that emphasizes parts of music in a very unnatural way. It's one of the more bizarre default sound systems I've encountered and I'm surprised it's considered not just acceptable by Mazda but their upgraded system. It's not a high priority right now but I'm going to have to do something about it eventually.

4) Glove box is absurdly tiny and has no lock. Not a huge issue but it's the smallest glovebox I've ever seen and it's on the largest vehicle I've ever owned, it just feels wrong to me.

#2 is right. The CX-5 interior is probably the cheapest of all of the Mazda models.

1) You'll get used to it on these reflections. Or there's a TSB and you can insist Mazda to replace the chrome vents with older version black vents.
I was also wondering the whole design team got fired or not because of this major screw-ups!

2) I didn't notice it until someone here complained about it! Yeah, the center console wiggles!

3) You're the one dislike the Bose like me. But there're people like the Bose a lot, especially by setting the fader quite a bit to the rear!

How does it sound ? BOSE in the GT

4) Glove compartment has no lock, no light, and too small! I agree but there're many who really don't care! :)

#2 is right. The CX-5 interior is probably the cheapest of all of the Mazda models.
Finally someone said it here and not afraid of getting flamed! I actually have the same feeling after only compared to Mazda6!

1) You'll get used to it on these reflections. Or there's a TSB and you can insist Mazda to replace the chrome vents with older version black vents.
I was also wondering the whole design team got fired or not because of this major screw-ups!

Thanks for the info! I'm not having any luck finding the TSB though, do you have a link? I will definitely be bugging the dealer about this as soon as I bring it in for its first service, unless I do somehow just get used to it between now and then. Actually, now that I think about it, once those windows are tinted it may be less of a problem.

Thanks for the info! I'm not having any luck finding the TSB though, do you have a link? I will definitely be bugging the dealer about this as soon as I bring it in for its first service, unless I do somehow just get used to it between now and then. Actually, now that I think about it, once those windows are tinted it may be less of a problem.
Took me a while to find it. It was posted by Anchorman. Click into his original post and see full 2 pages of the TSB attachment with part numbers.

Here you are. Just take this and claim it is driving you nuts;
attachment.php

I didn't notice the reflection until someone pointed it out... now of course I can't not see it. But I don't find it too objectionable. Maybe I'll get it fixed someday, but for now it doesn't bother me. Glove box doesn't bother me either. I've only ever kept junk in them and never locked them even when they had a lock.

The infotainment system is SO clunky!

An example.

I use a 32gb (FAT 32) flash drive for music. Sorting the list alphabetically by artist and then scrolling down to the F's. First of all as you're scrolling you have to wait for the system to load the next portion of the list to be displayed, and this happens several times before the F's are reached. Ok, now I have the F's on the screen and I make a selection and listen to my music. Now let's say that I want to listen to something in the D's. One would think that I could just back up and start my search at the F's where I left off right? Nope! The stupid thing starts all over from the beginning of the alphabet!

The entertainment system can't be shut off - ridiculous! 14.8 gal. fuel tank. No digital speedometer display. No compass.

The entertainment system can't be shut off - ridiculous! 14.8 gal. fuel tank. No digital speedometer display. No compass.

You can turn off the display in the settings. Not sure if it's default but the AIO tool definitely has a digital speedometer app with compass. You can even choose whether it uses the cars reported speed or GPS calculated speed. I use it most of the time I'm driving, GPS speed shows me going 1mph above what the car thinks. I do agree the fuel tank should be bigger, I would love to have another 5 gallons at least.

No, he's right, you can turn off the screen, sure but never the actual system. But so what? Mute. Do you need to shut it off?
And no compass? It's got a pretty bad ass compass, actually. Pop out your​ Navi card. I've never seen a compass that nice.

It's got a pretty bad ass compass, actually. Pop out your​ Navi card. I've never seen a compass that nice.

Installing the AIO speedometer with its compass is probably more convenient, and less likely to be problematic.

Less problematic then the compass app Mazda installs in your car? I doubt that.

Back