My New 2016 Soul Red CX-5 Grand Touring!!!

ekcooper

:
Mazda, CX-5 Grand Touring
I just traded in my 2013 Liquid Silver CX-5 Grand Touring for this new beauty:

2016 Soul Red CX-5 Grand Touring
2016CX5-1_zps2486771c.jpg

2016CX5-2_zps9c2d7662.jpg

I meant to get a 2015 but the inside of the 2016 is so freakin amazing that I couldn't pass it up. The inside is so much more stylish and sophisticated. And the front grill matches the wheels so well.

Very nice indeed, congrats! :)
The wheels are starting to grow on me. Can't wait to wait to get rid of me winter steelies and put them on!

I just traded in my 2013 Liquid Silver CX-5 Grand Touring for this new beauty:

I meant to get a 2015 but the inside of the 2016 is so freakin amazing that I couldn't pass it up. The inside is so much more stylish and sophisticated. And the front grill matches the wheels so well.

Awesome man, congrats!! Did you finance/lease? If you wouldn't mind tell us what kind of deal you got? Total cost, monthly payment etc.

Conn, absolutely nothing! LOL! Well, some. It came in yesterday and had just been detailed to go into the showroom. It was the dealership's first 2016 (San Antonio, TX). I had been working on a 2015 Soul Red GT and walked past the 2016 as the guys were bringing it into the showroom. The salespeople didn't even know it was there yet. I had a whole group of salespeople trying to look at the inside while I was, too! I got a $500 Mazda owner loyalty and a Presidents' day $500, too. And then just a bit more off. It certainly wasn't the deal I was going to get on the 2015! LOL! Don't look for much in the way of deals for the next 8 months they said. Don't know if that's true or not. But, honestly, once I saw the interior, I couldn't go with the 2015. :)

Congratulations !!!!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and impressions on your
Beautiful New Ride.

Take Care,

CK

I'm about to take my '15 in for it's first scheduled service. I got mine on a 3 year lease and will wait until the 2017 update to see what it offers. The diesel engine intrigues me. I'm willing to wait until a 2018 model arrives.

Trading in a 2013 for a 2015 same model isnt that a huge financial loss? (boom01)

The OP traded in his 2013 to a 2016.
Lots of changes from 2013 to 2016, 2.5 engine and infotainment are the two big ones.

Looks real nice, bet those will be deeply discounted when the new redesigned models come.

BTW your lucky the weather is so nice. We've been getting a foot or more of snow every freaking week here and my CX5 is a salted mess.

Looks great!!!

From an interior perspective what trim pieces on the interior are the same as previous revs? Top of dash, leather seats? or is every PN going to be different between a '13-'15 & a '16? Just curious?

Hi, all. There are no vents in the back seat. In fact, I really can't tell there's been anything changed in the back seat or back cargo area at all. Which is fine to me since I bought my original CX-5 because it held both of our bikes.

The major changes are in the front and with some of the safety features. It is definitely quieter than my 2013. And much more power of course.

The front cabin is just so much nicer. The screen is much larger and the command knob is nice. This car has all of the stuff I liked about my 2013 plus! I can't get over the new wheels and grill and the LED lights. They look so cool! And, yes, the seats are much more comfy! And, the USB ports are much easier to reach.

Oh, and the new back-up monitor already warned me of a car pulling in behind me.

The only thing I can't tell if I like is the navigation system. I had just gotten used to TomTom and now this one doesn't seem to have any identification on it at all. Maybe a Mazda brand? I haven't figured out if I can change the voice. It looks good, but it's pretty different. But don't get me wrong, it's much easier to use and more intuitive. I just haven't figured out everything yet.

Oh, I miss the manual lever for the parking brake.

Overall, sweet vehicle so far! If I think of other stuff, I'll add it on.

The only thing I can't tell if I like is the navigation system. I had just gotten used to TomTom and now this one doesn't seem to have any identification on it at all. Maybe a Mazda brand? I haven't figured out if I can change the voice. It looks good, but it's pretty different. But don't get me wrong, it's much easier to use and more intuitive. I just haven't figured out everything yet.

I believe they changed the NAV from TomTom to Navteq.

Glad to hear you're liking the ride, can't wait to get my hands on ours!

Back