VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
VersaTuner - tuning software for Mazdas
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Passenger (#3)/Rear (#1)/Transmission (#4) Motor Mount Experience/Recommendations

2009 Mazda5 GT

A single pic of what? The two compared?

Registered Member Silentnoise713's Avatar

2008 Mazda5 Grand Touring; 2009 Honda Fit Sport/Nav MT

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Man View Post
    I would of taken a picture, if I had gen2 mz5
    I know you would and thanks for offering. You are one of the few who actually post things which keeps things interesting and active. I don’t think folks understand the concept that a forum doesn’t work if you don’t contribute. That and it seems it is mostly <’10 owners that contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotaz View Post
    A single pic of what? The two compared?
    All I need if a pic of showing the position of the stock ‘+12 PMM relative to everything thing else around it, similar to the previous Mz3 with the Duratec motor. I can’t get a good view from any of the google images. It dawned upon me to look the Sac’s turbo thread. There is a pic that kinda/sorta shows a peep of the PMM and so far it looks like the grounding cable is in a different position. I can’t gauge depth due to the angle it was taken…

And it seems it is only the unlikely few here who has/had problems. Everyone else is dandy.
    Stuff for sale:
    YellowSpeed DPS Coilovers - cheap

^http://www.wingood.com/flagselect.asp

My Thread
    ^http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...oise713-Thread

6 hanging with the 5's

Send a PM to Davicho, I'm sure he'd help you out.

2014 Mazda6 iTouring Snowflake White Pearl
    SunTek carbon 35/18 tint | VLEDS 5K interior | SS scuff plates

2010 Mazda5 Sport Liquid Silver Metallic - totaled 4.3.15

Replaced all 3 motor mounts. Have to let it settle for a few hundred miles but the eFocus mount may not be for me. It would be great for MTX owners but idling with an auto is no fun. Wait and see. All are pretty easy to replace. I would recommend two jacks, one hydraulic (easy up/down) to support the weight of the engine and one scissor jack (more precise movement with every turn) to move/align mounting holes.

And yes, yes it does
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

08 Mazda5 Sport, 10 CX9 Touring

Give the e-focus mount 500 miles to break in. I barely notice any vibration at idle anymore. I've kept an eye on mine since it's the ebay one and it seems to be holding up quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentnoise713 View Post
    Hmmm, 94 views and no input? So no one else had problems?

May I ask a 2nd gen'er to just take some close up pics of your Passenger Motor Mount? I would consider the using OEM mount if it works. The Roca cost just as much as OE so i'm a bit torn but only if the new ones fit.
    Here are 2 videos on how to change the side and rear motor mounts on a mazda 3 which is the same as our 5. Enjoy.

Rear mount

Side mount

2009 Mazda5 GT

Passenger (#3)/Rear (#1)/Transmission (#4) Motor Mount Experience/Recommendat...

Look for YouTube user "ghostlyrich". He posted how-to vids also, and I posted the torque numbers for all of the mount nuts and bolts in the comments on one of them.

http://youtu.be/hm6Pt0GWGcE
    Last edited by Robotaz; 08-30-2015 at 03:52 PM.

I’m more of a pen and papers kinda guy. JBR already has how-tos and MUCH more. Try link below and you just might like what you see . They offer good/quality stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentnoise713 View Post
    Props to JBR for the many motor mount how-tos
    http://www.jamesbaroneracing.com/sho...dlshmqeb68r1n4
    Last edited by Silentnoise713; 10-02-2015 at 11:53 AM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Picture day

Last edited by Silentnoise713; 10-05-2015 at 10:08 AM.

2006 Mazda5 Touring

Is that the famous E-Focus mount? Did it ever smooth out at idle for you? There is noticeably more rubber in that mount than the one next to it in your comparo photo... I am so conflicted about doing mine due to the expense. On the one hand it should be done before the dead mounts cause some other thing to fail. But on the other hand, I don't have three hundred or so bucks laying around, and mine really isn't that rough at idle yet....
    Once I kick this "spend money on dumb shit" addiction I'm set... The Phen
    Killed by deer 3/2016 @221,000 miles much loved, and sorely missed

No, that is the #3 by the belts. The eFocus mount would be similar to the ones in the 1st video of post #21.
    04 Volvo V70 T5 MT
    00 Odyssey EX (just totaled)
    01 Outback LL Bean (just totaled)
    97 Accord EX wagon (replaced by V70 T5)
    93 Subaru Legacy L (replaced by Mazda5)
    90 CRX 5MT (Happy Trails)
    90 T-Bird SC 5MT (RIP)
    84 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z clone (RIP)
    68 Plymouth Barracuda notchback Slant Six (RIP)

Zoom•Zoom

So why do they look different. Is the one on the left OEM and the right one aftermarket?
    2012 LIQUID SILVER MAZDA5 GRAND TOURING **SOLD**
    2015 SOUL RED MAZDA CX-5 GRAND TOURING**SOLD**

Quote Originally Posted by Secondtyme View Post
    Is that the famous E-Focus mount? Did it ever smooth out at idle for you? There is noticeably more rubber in that mount than the one next to it in your comparo photo... I am so conflicted about doing mine due to the expense. On the one hand it should be done before the dead mounts cause some other thing to fail. But on the other hand, I don't have three hundred or so bucks laying around, and mine really isn't that rough at idle yet....
    Uploaded the RMM pic above. Note, the threading for the horizontal bolt is different, reuse vertical bolt.

There should be no conflict. IMO, tackling the motor mounts should be a 3 step process. Do the PMM first @ <$100 and takes 30mins? You will love driving it again. This is 99.99% likely the first to fail. I'm positive a lot of folks are broken but they just don't realize it b/c they are use to it and accept it as the norm. Do the RMM if you are a "no wheel hop and instant power to ground" fan but trade-off is slightly more vibration. The TMM is last recourse since it does involve removing a bunch of stuff to get to. My RMM and TMM looked OK. Vibs settled down a little bit can still "feel" it.

The PMM, not so much. (No, it is not suppose to be like that. It should be enclosed)

Quote Originally Posted by Davicho View Post
    So why do they look different. Is the one on the left OEM and the right one aftermarket?
    Both OEM. See post #13. Transitive theory WIN
    I can only say this is technically NOT RECOMMENDED, is bigger, is stiffer by ~3-4 times, cost LESS, has 3-4 revisions, and you can add a counter balance weight (MS3's PMM comes with this and why it cost 2x but our layout does not fit it without having to relocate some stuff). Otherwise fits/works perfectly.

@ Loosenut - you'll like it!

2014 Mazda5 Sport Auto

I don't have great pics here but I do have something... from my '14MY w/ 32K miles. Took them while I was "in there" while changing ATF. As far as I can tell both this and the rear mounts are in good shape at the moment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

Mazda5

Thanks for all the investigating into this. I just installed the newer second gen mount into my 09. I used part number BBN3-39-060B. Last weekend I installed the E-Foucs mount as well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast