Passenger (#3)/Rear (#1)/Transmission (#4) Motor Mount Experience/Recommendations

Man, I just don't have time to deal with a cooler. And the coolant's fine. It's the easiest for me, and the car chews fluid so quickly that I don't see it as a waste. A flush of M-V is dark gray in only 15K miles. It's worth it for my case.

Currently at 59K miles on our 2010 MZ5 GT.

During my oil change this past weekend, I saw the dreaded hydraulic fluid from the PMM. Not sure how long it's been leaking, but there were little puddles in the splash shield and all around the mount itself. I cleaned it up as best as I could, but the remaining mess will need to be taken care of when I replace the mount. I ordered the Eagle BHP 3838H one from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Apparently, it's rubber and not fluid filled, and some MS3 owners are using them with good results. We'll see. I won't be surprised if it gives out sooner than the OEM mount, but at least it's easy to replace and only out $30. Will report back after it's installed with impressions and durability over time.

Are you replacing just the insert or a complete new mount? Did you buy one for 2.5 or 2.3 car?

FWIW, all aftermarket PMMs are solid rubber (or polyu, which is a bad idea for a family carvangon). Only OEM is liquid filled as it is a premium and a luxury to further isolate and dampen vibration at the expense of lower durability. Pick your poison.

I purchased the entire mount and according to the Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned), it's for the 2.3. The mount came a day early and I installed it tonight. It fit perfectly and took about 20-30 minutes. At idle, it's just as smooth as the OEM mount. There are conflicting answers out there regarding if this is liquid filled or rubber. I would assume it's liquid since the feel is very smooth.

The item description says Eagle, but the box it came in says Rodatech (has a 2 year warranty). We'll see how it holds up. I went overkill with the pics, but more is better in this instance right? :)

Back