Best way to hide deep scratches?

bigruss

:
mazda cx-5
Hey guys! So i walked out to my car today and say some really deep scratches on my car looks like someone might of keyed my car(yupnope) ima try and upload some pictures later but I can feel them with my nail so it went through the clear coat and I'm heated...what is the best way to hide them? The mazda dealership has a touch up paint pen that's the color of my car (meteor grey) but some people have told me to not use a pen. Please give me some advice

image.jpgimage.jpg

What in the world are we looking at?! I see the scratches, but where are they on the car. Your pic is pretty bad.

You're gonna need a paint shop for that (or at the very lease a detail shop that might be able to color sand it out to some extent). Anything you try to do yourself by way of touch up will look like s***.

You're gonna need a paint shop for that (or at the very lease a detail shop that might be able to color sand it out to some extent). Anything you try to do yourself by way of touch up will look like s***.

I agree.. more than likely the case

The first picture is on The driver side front panel close to the driver door and the second picture is on the top of the hood (passenger side)

Some people are saying I can go through insurance to get it repainted. Mazda has a touch up paint pen from the dealership so I think I'm going to try that and if it doesn't work well I'll see what my insurance will do.

If you are going to do it yourself... check out Dr Colorchip. IMO: Your results will be better.

Back