The Never Ending Build

205/40s. Already have them. Was supposed to go over to my friends shop to mount them up this weekend but I forgot hes closed weekends lol
Im in no rush though. Have some cutting to do on the drivers side to get the camber to match.

Thanks! Itll prob get pealed off and re-wrapped soon enough. The green is nice but I have my eyes on a nice orange. Have to keep it fresh.
Roughly how much did it cost to wrap your car yourself?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Roughly how much did it cost to wrap your car yourself?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I can give you an exact number lol $530. Thats the price of the wrap at least.
All the body work and extra stuff I needed to get the body straight before wrap isn't included but that wasn't much.

Well got the tires mounted and got them on the car. Need some adjustment still and ordering stiffer/shorter springs for up front to stop any wheel-fender contact. Havent driven it yet on the wheels except for a couple feet. Rubs pretty good on one side, but I havent matched the camber yet so thats not an issue. Heres some pics
51C90158-8774-4B3B-87A0-43E59482F622_zpsgishlsdv.jpg

Here it is with the MSP I bought. Going to be using the drivetrain from my car in it when I start the KL swap.
BD536AAD-AA26-4330-8DFB-6698F7538406_zpsut9ekfev.jpg

Side shot. Hood was popped in the pic
78325485-BC20-46F5-923D-53DFBCF40897_zpsgqrdy8vu.jpg

I have it in a storage unit, with no electricity :( so I had to hand file the camber plates a little to get them all the way maxxed. Didnt add much if any camber but it sits flush which makes me feel better lol

Thanks! Itll prob get pealed off and re-wrapped soon enough. The green is nice but I have my eyes on a nice orange. Have to keep it fresh.

Like the green as well, but I've always wondered how the P5 would look in the spicy orange..

Just bought wheels too (16x6) and was wondering what tires to put on them. But if you fit 205's on a 9.5, I think there'll be no issues getting 205's on an 8 inch. Thinking 205/45 for a little more rubber

Like the green as well, but I've always wondered how the P5 would look in the spicy orange..

Just bought wheels too (16x6) and was wondering what tires to put on them. But if you fit 205's on a 9.5, I think there'll be no issues getting 205's on an 8 inch. Thinking 205/45 for a little more rubber

It wont be spicy orange but similar I suppose. Really dont want to go to a stock-ish color, but orange is really the only other color I can think of besides green again.

and for the wheels, if you are trying to put a 205/45 on an 8", that will be no problem at all. The 45 series will help with the smaller wheels. I had 205/45s when I had evo 8 wheels and they rubbed all over the place. Those were 17s though, 16s with 205/45 should fit nice

[video]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qf95yp9c3y7ov7o/AAA6ukYWKGfxrbWTaXRfpE3Ta?dl=0&preview=Simon%27s+Protoge+Full+Res1.m4v[/video]

Well idk how to upload videos so you can see them in this comment instead of clicking the link, BUT go watch a video of my car. Short video, my friend kind of hit me up for a last minute photoshoot so there are some things not 100% on the car, but it came out pretty good

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid99.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2 Fl317%2Fsimonn_01%2FSimons%2520Protoge%2520Full%25 20Res1_zpsm5lnec0u.mp4&title=">

Last edited:
Have an update after almost 2 months lol Pulled the motor out and getting it ready to go into my MSP so I can sell it.
Also will be pulling basically everything out of the engine bay of the P5. Wiring, brake booster, MC, brake lines, everything.
Then I can get to work on shaving all the holes and maybe going to see if I can put some tubs in. Dont like the shape of the OEM ones and I hit them on full lock with the new wheels.
anywho, heres some lame cellphone pics
294E69E9-5C99-454C-BF59-3F10F54B1E4D_zpsberdwyqo.jpg

119A76ED-F0B0-4ED8-9162-77BE751D333C_zps3vdr9tze.jpg

On dollies in storage. Now up on stands since I didnt want the tires getting weird marks from the dollies lol
E3019CEB-E65B-45FC-ACCA-6DAE2640FA82_zps9jina7uh.jpg

motor out. Swapping accessories over from the MSP motor, then throwing it in. It should run fine, assuming the wiring on the MSP is good and there arent any other issues with the turbo parts. Hope it goes smooth but you never know with these cars.

I was just thinking about this car. I love it man.

Do you have any turbo parts lying around that you would be willing to sell?

I was just thinking about this car. I love it man.

Do you have any turbo parts lying around that you would be willing to sell?
Thanks man! but nah not too many parts, just random couplers and clamps. Nothing really of any usefulness lol Im hoping to do an interesting turbo setup on the P5 but since its only show car mainly....kinda thinking of just doing ITBs. Not sure yet lol

Thanks man! but nah not too many parts, just random couplers and clamps. Nothing really of any usefulness lol Im hoping to do an interesting turbo setup on the P5 but since its only show car mainly....kinda thinking of just doing ITBs. Not sure yet lol

I love your stuff man, you'll do great things.

Whats new!?

Nothing at all man lol I havent had time to work on it. Been trying to fix the MSP up and get it ready for sale so I can get the funds back I need to continue on the swap. I kind of regret making this build thread so early on because its going to be a bunch of big gaps in time before I have any major progress on it. Being an adult and trying to move into a better neighborhood is priority, and it sucks

Haha I completely agree.. Mods on the car/fixing the car or mods on the house/fixing the house. That's the main thing I'm having issues with lately... Of course the house is winning

Back