The Never Ending Build

How long does it take you to do a full wrap?

Depends on the car, on average 3-4 days from start to finish. I'm wrapping my friends 350z in his garage and I basically finished it in two 6-7 hour days.
My personal car took alot longer because I had tons of body work to do and I wanted to make sure everything looked as perfect as I could get it

I would love to do something off the wall with a wrap.
The possibiltys are endless. They have different color pearl laminates that go over the vinyl now and change the color. So basically you can make your own combo of colors for your car to be unique, its pretty expensive though.

I should drive down and get my wrapped by you in phases lol

Lol I could do one side a day, would only need 2-3 trips

Maybe a long weekend in the future. What's ur rate for a full car wrap?

Maybe a long weekend in the future. What's ur rate for a full car wrap?

Ill PM you

But tried on some wheels from my buddy, they look good but the size isnt ideal so I have to reverse stagger them. 17x8/9 +35/22
72B29DFC-8A02-4B06-95D5-4D2F8F0D2745_zpsfmbp13as.jpg

Well not much of an update since I dont have pics. Ordered a set of AWR front/rear mounts and Medieval Sides. They were in rough shape so Im in the process of stripping and recoating them. I also ordered new bushings off a generic fab site, and they were just barely too big. So im going to cut them down little by little until they fit snug. Not forseeing any issues, hopefully lol
Also since I have a daily I took the 5zigens off and am going to sell them to fund the new wheels. Only have like 3 months left on the payments, pretty excited to get them and have more money laying around every month.

Started piecing together the pieces for the swap. I really hope I dont need all those wires to run the car because its ridiculous how much there are lol
11947630_10153603344095799_4878303975057992960_n.jpg

Well since my car is just sitting on jackstands in the garage, I figured I would get to work with all the mods I need to do to get the wheels to fit, one of which is rear camber plates.
Since I have Fortune Auto coilovers, the Ksport rear camber plates that most people run wouldnt be a 100% guaranteed fit (nobody has tried yet)
So Im giving it a go at making my own. Here are some pics of the rear setup and rough draft of what I plan on doing
IMG_2022_zpswg5skxe3.jpg

What I plan on doing. Already have 4 bolts just going to rotate the pillowball 90 degrees and slot the center to accommodate
IMG_2056_zps3wtmk5aq.jpg

They were pretty corroded and I had to drill all 4 bolts out to get the pillowball mount separated from the top strut mount
IMG_2058_zps8yfioeye.jpg

Left/top is just off the car, right is after I soaked it in vinegar over night and scrubbed it down

Basically brand new, just need to get that pillowball to swivel now so I can put it on the car correctly and everything should go to plan. Hoping for -4 to -5 degrees max, if I need that much but I dont think I will. Wheels are going to be 17x9.5 +26

Havent worked on it much so not much for updates. Just been fixing it here and there, still no wheels as of yet. Supposed to be coming in next month sometime.
Lost my desire to work on it to be honest.
11307_10153728941565799_3373654784559222032_n.jpg

12144700_10153728941485799_2503162622485561110_n.jpg

12115946_10153728941585799_4739775273794683564_n.jpg

Shaved the wiper nozzles finally. Just wrapped over them the first time and the hood had a bunch of pretty deep sanding scratches so I pealed it and redid it right this time. Came out great.

^Thanks! I actually rewrapped the hood already (no pics tho sorry).
Came out pretty decent. I hate doing body work because I cant seem to ever get anything perfectly straight =/
Anyways, here's an update. Local LKQ was having a 40% off sale so I went over there thinking I was going to finally snag the KLG4 motor
out of 1 of the 12 626s they had on the lot. Well ALL of them were the FS motor lol so I didnt leave with a motor but I did leave with this:
MX6 trans for the swap.
633EBE62-9362-40F7-994E-13FD4FDE25A0_zpsb7ylwmkc.jpg

Cleaned it and taking it apart to check out the internals. Had 223k miles on the car but it looked to be rebuilt already.
EB050204-B952-4747-B345-E276EB365AA0_zpsixil61ug.jpg

The internals confirmed, looked waaayyy to clean to be original, RTV on the case wasnt original either so looks like I lucked out.
072F1CAF-4DE0-411D-9A38-2A31309FBFBF_zpslk6agiy0.jpg

Also have a de-powered rack waiting to go in when I pull my FS motor out and start doing the swap.
228841FE-1B85-4FDC-A16A-B2DA62827493_zpst2vxnuqx.jpg

I'm really excited to see how this is going to turn out. I might've missed it, but are you planning on adding a turbo to the KL as well?

I'm really excited to see how this is going to turn out. I might've missed it, but are you planning on adding a turbo to the KL as well?

Thats the plan, I was thinking of doing either twin GT28s or just one gt30. Not sure on which Ill do yet. Have to get the motor in and see how much space I have in the bay. Trying to go for Millenia S rods, 10:1 pistons and some cams. Keeping the internals simple but I have seen them hold over 500hp. I think 400hp is a realistic goal for this build...even if its just once on the dyno lol

Well that was a fun read. You've been doing work since I last saw you at IA.

Looks like we have some similar plans for winter haha. Shaved bays, I also have one of those de-powered racks.

Yea, my plan is more of a winter/spring/early summer plan tho lol Got alot of work to do.
Heres an update though. Went and pulled these KLG4 heads from the pullapart and got raped on the price.
Would have been cheaper to buy the whole motor but oh well....baby steps
05F3E832-A642-449A-94A5-F2A6F571AE1D_zpshhb0uo4x.jpg

Cleaning them up now and gonna do a full port/polish while I gather all the other parts

Havent done much to the car since I last posted. Trying to build a motor for my daily since its running on 3 cyls and much more important then a car I never drive lol
I did however finally get my wheels in. They should have been here in October of last year, but do to some delay in sourcing the barrels, they just now showed up.
Some might not like them because of how they fit, but I think they are perfect. Did a few measurements and double checked all my clearances before ordering. Size is perfect.
Ignore the white on the bumper, it was plastidipped. I pealed it off and am re-wrapping it to match the roof when I redo it as well.
17x9.5 +26 with a 3.5" lip.
IMG_8950_zpszbwai99a.jpg

IMG_8946_zpsqnvcihzt.jpg

IMG_8953_zps5o5vqguz.jpg

Those are going to look great. What size tires are you going to run?
205/40s. Already have them. Was supposed to go over to my friends shop to mount them up this weekend but I forgot hes closed weekends lol
Im in no rush though. Have some cutting to do on the drivers side to get the camber to match.

I'm digging the green

Thanks! Itll prob get pealed off and re-wrapped soon enough. The green is nice but I have my eyes on a nice orange. Have to keep it fresh.

Back