The Never Ending Build

^Thanks man, I may be trying to splice together some bumpers to get something else, really dont like how high up the bumper sits without the lip lip on it

And for an update...didnt do anything lol Drove back from sowo and ripped part of my lip off, so I took that off. About to take the wheels off and sell them to speed up paying for my new wheels. Kinda hit a stand still, might do some stereo stuff or something next. Car is so boring when there isnt anything broken to work on lol

So I just realized I didnt update the thread with pictures of my seats. Put a set of MS3 seats in the car, took a while to get used to but I love them now. Much firmer and def holds you in place alot better then OEM seats. Ill snag some pics of them in a sec.....car is under a car cover in my driveway since I got a new daily lol
Heres a pic someone snagged at SOWO to hold you over
IMG_1664_zpsru3naoxn.png

16218FDB-FEE4-426D-AEE3-F77FBB388273_zpsu5l6lies.jpg

Also just passed 266k miles yesterday. Cant wait to hit 300K if that will ever happen lol

Plans now are pay off wheels, rewrap hood to fix a few dents and rock chips, and then after a big car show in october, Im going to pull the motor, shave the bay, relocate battery, wire tuck and do a KL-G4 swap.
Have big plans now that I actually have a daily, just been way to hot here lately to get any real work done

Last edited:
whats up man i just found this thread my names brian I used to hang out with kevin at you guys' house in charlotte back around '09-'10 I had a blue mp3 with enkei rpf1's. at the time your car was white and i must say it is looking really good these days glad to see youre still at it.

Are you gonna try to swap the ob2 harness and and try to use that? Or are you gonna just go obd 1 for ease of wiring ? Not saying either is easy lol

whats up man i just found this thread my names brian I used to hang out with kevin at you guys' house in charlotte back around '09-'10 I had a blue mp3 with enkei rpf1's. at the time your car was white and i must say it is looking really good these days glad to see youre still at it.

Yoooo, whats up man. Yea I remember. Mike actually dug up a picture of the day he test fitted those rpf1's onto his car. We were wondering what happened to you. How you been dude?

Awesome color! Love the front end. Mind if I ask how much you have in the head lights?
Its just the basic Morimoto H1 retrofit kit. I think the kit cost mid $200's, I bought it a long time ago, and then I just upgraded projector bowls and shrouds recently to a more current version, so maybe a bit over $400?

Are you gonna try to swap the ob2 harness and and try to use that? Or are you gonna just go obd 1 for ease of wiring ? Not saying either is easy lol

Whole OBD2 harness. OBD1 is easy, but then I wouldnt be able to pass emissions so I really cant go that route since I still drive my car everyday. I like the challenge of an OBD2 swap too...not many people have done it so Im gonna try and pull it off and post as much info as I can on here for everyone else.

pretty good man im living down in north myrtle beach now. that mp3 got totaled in a bad wreck where the other driver blew the red and almost killed me lol so then I bought an '03 black mica msp. I think kevin was rolling the fenders on it that day when mike got those pics. also I found another blue mp3 with a bad motor that I put most of the parts from the first mp3 on and its better then ever now!

nice i didnt know you had a build thread i had only seen the car on instagram. a lot more has gone into this car than i thought, look clean man i wish you were in texas so i could get my car wrapped haha

my clearcoat is peeling real bad on my rear quarter panel. your wrap job got me thinking about just wrapping the car, after taking care of the peeling paint of course. that way i wont have to deal with peeling clear coat ever again haha.

I've watched vids on plastadiping the whole car. Looks pretty awesome

It works surprisingly well if you prep things properly. I've done two full car dips and both came out looking great. Definitely the easiest material I've worked with in terms of whole car color.

Boo for Plasti Dip. Im in the process of removing it all from mine. Its a pain in the ass to keep clean.

pretty good man im living down in north myrtle beach now. that mp3 got totaled in a bad wreck where the other driver blew the red and almost killed me lol so then I bought an '03 black mica msp. I think kevin was rolling the fenders on it that day when mike got those pics. also I found another blue mp3 with a bad motor that I put most of the parts from the first mp3 on and its better then ever now!
Good to hear youre still in the protege game lol not too many of us left. Everybody either wrecks or parts out and moves on to other things.

my clearcoat is peeling real bad on my rear quarter panel. your wrap job got me thinking about just wrapping the car, after taking care of the peeling paint of course. that way i wont have to deal with peeling clear coat ever again haha.
That is def one of the advantages lol that and no swirl marks ever. Small scratches and swirls basically heal with the heat from sunlight so you can basically wash it however u want. I actually use a brush and it takes no more then 15 mins to wash the whole car lol

From everything ive heard, full car wraps a pretty pricey.
Depends on who you know ;) Im wrapping my friends 350z this weekend for a little over $800 total. Shop price would have been $2200. The amount of labor involved is really alot more then people realize if u want a good looking wrap

Since we are on the subject of vinyl, we recently wrapped a hood and front grill of a Rolls Royce in brushed steel at the shop, and had a bit left over. Going to spice up my interior a little with a combo of materials. Heres a pic
F5A8D9C7-5B3C-47B6-A11C-A3622D79FAE7_zpsgqbph5e9.jpg

Should look pretty neat. If not Ill just peal it off. We literally have a closet overflowing with scraps that I can choose from lol

Back