The Never Ending Build

Hey man could you give me info on the feet for the roof rack and anything I should know? I've been working on putting together a roof rack but have been having a little bit of a hard time. Can you link me to them or give part number? Thanks

Hey man could you give me info on the feet for the roof rack and anything I should know? I've been working on putting together a roof rack but have been having a little bit of a hard time. Can you link me to them or give part number? Thanks
Which roof rack? OEM or an aftermarket one?

2 questions. What are those rims and was it easy to install extended studs ?
Well the wheels are 5zigen FNO1RC's and the extended studs were incredibly easy. Hammer the old ones out, pull new ones thru with an impact or however u desire to do it (few different ways) took probably 30 mins total for both sides

Simon, for the time being, cut small rectangles out of satin black vinyl and cover those filler strip holes. I covered the washer fluid nozzle holes in the bottom of my hood that way

Simon, for the time being, cut small rectangles out of satin black vinyl and cover those filler strip holes. I covered the washer fluid nozzle holes in the bottom of my hood that way

Nah, the rails were in horrible condition so I plastidipped them (I know, how could I stoop to such a low level) but thats one thing I will admit plastidip is good for lol im not too worried about the holes to be honest. I did however install my DG grill and lip lip the other day, pics to come in a few mins

image_zpscopb7ed0.jpg

How the grill looked when I got it. Super dull and a little yellow in some spots, not to mention some spider web cracks
image_zpsurpqxcez.jpg

How it looked after a wet sand with 600 and some clear laminate installed over the carbon like a clear bra.
image_zpsvguf2kwn.jpg

How it looks on the car. I like carbon, but not sure how I feel about it on the car. Doesnt match anything. May just wrap over it.

Pls. Stop. I can't handle this much awesomeness. I think the carbon looks good, matches the lip.

looks great Simon. the carbon doesn't look bad, but it is different color than the lip.. maybe wrap the lip.. eh.. probably easier to do the grille.

I was wondering about the aftermarket feet, particularly.
i never had an aftermarket roof rack so I cant say much about it unfortunately

Pls. Stop. I can't handle this much awesomeness. I think the carbon looks good, matches the lip.
Lol thanks man

But Im a little burnt out on wrapping my car so Im just going to leave it like this for a while, I did however start putting the MS3 seats in and I ordered new shrouds, the new 6.0 morimoto mini reflector bowl to upgrade mine and new lock nuts because I somehow stripped mine when I swapped to P5 lights. Should help tie the headlights together and help them look less odd

Put the new shrouds, projector bowl, and lock nuts in today. Also swapped headlight shrouds for a set of black ones I had. Didnt like the matte black so I sprayed some metallic black over it and it came out looking almost like a factory color. Im happy with it. Anyways, on to pics
E881E8F8-077B-4A17-BB48-CA2CC48E80DE_zpswxiujpms.jpg

990F5007-7D99-4A50-B939-55F65B512291_zpsnhqfwykh.jpg

does the vinyl wrap come off pretty easy when its time to take it off?

does the vinyl wrap come off pretty easy when its time to take it off?

Yea, pretty easy. Just keep it warm and it comes off mostly in one piece. I peeled the white off after 3 years and it came off no issue.
Only problems was where the car was repainted and they did a less then decent job,
looked okay when it was painted but now I see how terrible of a job they did.
On OEM paint though, 99% of the time it doesnt take anything with it when it comes off

Did some work on the car this weekend. I finally put in the bumper sag brackets that were just sitting on the shelf since I swapped the fenders over and was too lazy to drill them out.
I remembered how much of a PITA it was to hold the brackets and try to tighten them, so I modified them a little
Also with how the vinyl works, if the bumper sits up against the fender it will wrinkle eventually do to the vibrations and s***...so I took that into mind when I modded them
8D159BD0-80B6-4AED-999C-C0FC3BE4A412_zpsgsnkzpc3.jpg

180A25AA-D0F6-4211-98F0-338A2796756E_zpsncz2cjal.jpg

Riveted the bracket on the bumper
EFBF19E6-05A2-4978-8D0F-BC1543D450CA_zpsyhow9yzy.jpg

Used garage door seal as a spacer so the bumper wouldnt touch the fender, it sits with like a 1mm gap all the way around. Worked great
2A333CF5-5DFC-4B64-B42C-6D7ACEFE25F2_zpsbuc8hyic.jpg

Also color matched the horn and this pic shows the headlights on the car.

Took some shots outside the shop today
RJBB6367_zpsa8gmazou.jpg

RJBB6368_zps7of798ya.jpg

RJBB6365_zpseaoqutpu.jpg

Believe it or not, I didnt edit these pictures at all lol Used a EOS 5D. ******* awesome camera

after seeing these pictures i immediately regret not buying an MSP bumper and lip for cheap when i had the chance. stuck with my wings west instead. i hope with the right wheel i can pull off a look that will satisfy me.

keep up the good work

Back