The Never Ending Build

s*** son! now i want a green one!

Lol as long as you choose a different shade, thats cool with me (rockon)

but anyways, went back today to grab some pics and finish shaving the hatch like I should have done years ago but was too lazy. With the matte white I literally just wrapped over it and didnt cut the holes out.
IMG_8709_zpsfhu0rttq.jpg

IMG_8712_zpsphjscwtr.jpg

As you may or may not have noticed, there is no exhaust coming out of the back of the car anymore. I cut it after the rear "axle" and its just turned down towards the ground. Plan on shaving the exhaust hole in the bumper and having a hidden exhaust like alot of the VW's do, something like this
mk4jettastainless-hidden_1.gif

Just ordered the muffler for it, and gonna attempt to shave the bumper tomorrow hopefully. Was going to cut the valence out of a wrecked p5 at the local junkyard but they already crushed it :'(
Also ordered ARP extended studs for the front at the same time, picture courtesy of AAC
aac_shop_parts_mp_hubs_000-360x270.jpg

That color is hot! Good choice and great work, looks like paint

For the rear valance, have you looked at aftermarket Protege lips/valances? I know the exhaust cutout on the sedan bumpers is much smaller than the P5 and I think I've seen lips that don't have cutouts at all

That color is hot! Good choice and great work, looks like paint

For the rear valance, have you looked at aftermarket Protege lips/valances? I know the exhaust cutout on the sedan bumpers is much smaller than the P5 and I think I've seen lips that don't have cutouts at all

The sedans are a completely different shape, it would be a lot more work trying to get that to work on the back. I wish they made more parts for these cars still, but I guess that would be too easy (boom03)

Sorry, you're not the first to do that color on a P5...

Seeing as how the color just came out in the past few months...I actually am lol only 3 cars I have seen so far have used this color wrap.

Last edited:
image_zps47hrmvoh.jpg

image_zpsdzmfa5vk.jpg

image_zpskkewkcqw.jpg

Thats all I got done, doing the other fender and sideskirt today and hopefully printing out a custom design for the roof later on when I go in. Still need to space out the ebrake cable so i can lower the rear more and then wrap the bumper and lip by friday....stressful lol

image_zpsukj7bucq.jpg

image_zpsggesink4.jpg

Finished the wrap last friday and drove down to IA in ATL. Im in love with this color, looks so amazing in the sun. Ill be linking up with some wheel manufacturers soon in hopes of getting a partial sponsorship. These wheels just arent doing it for me.
Edit: it doesnt actually have a blue tint to it, my iphone canera just cant register the color correctly lol gonna have some legit photos taken soon

Is that rear diffuser trimmed, that looks kool
Lol yea, it was kind of a last minute thing because I wanted to shave the exhaust port but ran out of time. It looks pretty cool imo. Just need to add some sheet metal and make it an actual diffuser

Thanks guys, some updates here. Installed the ARP extended studs and 8mm spacers up front. Also was going to lower it but when I checked the coils, I noticed one side was a whole inch higher then the other o_O
Guess it was loose and slowly turning itself up as I turned the wheel. All is fixed now and it drives better then ever.
Over the weekend I was also in Wilmington for vacation and stopped by a local junkyard and found a P5 with the roof rails I needed. Got super lucky.
image_zps0irg4vor.jpg

image_zpsuyq98rzw.jpg

image_zpsf0vwxhck.jpg

image_zpstmrvfvei.jpg

image_zpsbalsehh0.jpg

It has holes for something in the rails....but Ive never seen a non roof rack rail that had something on it like this....anybody know what this is for? there were threaded inserts underneath and it looks OEM.

HMMMMMM, damit. Should have taken the inserts too then. Dam. That would be cool to have a roof rack but be able to take it off without damage to the vinyl.
Oh well. Good to know though

Back