The Never Ending Build

:
2002 Mazda Protege
So, this will be a thread where I can act cool and post random s*** I did to my car to help me get motivated and finish some things. Its not much of a build anymore, as most things have been done, then undone, and then redone (boom03). Those of you who know me, you know what I mean, those who dont, Ill just let the pictures tell the story. Enjoy
Stock (2004-ish?)
IMG_0822.jpg

Carbon Hood, eyelids, wheels, lowered.
p55555.jpg

Coilovers
SLAMMED001.jpg

Engine coming out
Photo0304.jpg

Putting shiney stuff in
Photo0368.jpg

Back together for the first time after the build
Photo0405.jpg

Now Im going to skip some stuff, but basically, ran like that a while, burnt an exhaust valve, rebuilt the head with all Supertech Valvetrain, then upgraded to a bigger turbo. Oh and I started wrapping it
000_0176.jpg

IMG_6859_zps26e59dea.jpg

425958_10150745519315799_349880326_n.jpg

Untitled_zps9e9ac1c8.jpg

The final setup was:
*Steedspeed T3 turbo manifold
*Garrett T3/To4E Turbo
*Pauter rods/Wiseco Pistons (8.5:1)
*Arp Head and main studs
*Supertech: 1mm Oversize Valves, Dual Valve Springs, Ti Retainers, Bronze Valve guides, Valve seals
*Stage 2 clutch
*SSAFC
*Etc etc
Then came the PARTOUT, Why....I have no idea. Nothing was broken, car drove great. Just got BORED. So I sold everything and put a OEM block back in.
10325254_10152412949025799_3863124580789454070_n.jpg

10341826_10152421335120799_4375603728890659098_n.jpg

That leaves us at now. Big plans for the car but Ill get into those more in the next few posts.

Also going to give you some background. This car was the FIRST car I have ever wrapped. From there I wrapped my friends Z, then my cousins BRZ, then A GTR and then it took off. Now I do it for a living, wrapping cars everyday, and am in the works of wrapping my car again. Here is a hint to the color:
10377147_10153077126330799_6787471004406125943_n.jpg

:D

Got lucky last week and found a local guy selling a full MSP bumper he had just laying in his shop for some reason. Of course I jumped on it, got a great deal as well
10933997_10153060170800799_5146800256195532449_n.jpg

Ill post more updated pics of my car once it starts to look decent lol 3-4 different colors now do to donor parts from other P5's

glad to see you start another build thread

Thanks man, doesnt feel the same though without the turbo and built motor lol doesnt seem as interesting.

Got some new parts though, also going to be picking up a S204 lip for the lip so I can do the lip/lip. The MSP bumper looks good but sits way to high for me, hopefully this will help. Pix will be posted in a few, just charging the camera up.

Got sidetracked (cryhard) but here are some updates. Got the S204 lip shipped out, coming in on the 12th. Going to order the rest of the wrap on monday, and hopefully they have that in stock locally so I can just go pick it up.
IMG_8654_zpsm8sgrxgp.jpg

What the wheels looked like AFTER I stripped all the original finish. They were in horrible condition. Got them for a steal, 2 were bent but everything is fixed and Im getting them ready for paint. 17X9 +35 5Zigen Fn01RC
IMG_8655_zpsw2uuxpfs.jpg

Sanded and coated with self etching primer
IMG_8657_zpsj5zdch4y.jpg

This one I painted before I got the color picked out, I liked it but changing them all to a pearl white.

and some battery stuff I ordered to do the battery relocate to the trunk in an attempt to clean up the bay. and one nut
IMG_8662_zpss5admsiu.jpg

*also an extra pic lol Just finished wrapping my bike in Avery Matte Purple Metallic, really happy with how it looks :D
IMG_8660_zpsgf2j3wx8.jpg

That color looks fantastic with those wheels, just saying. Although it may clash with the green, it would look fantastic. You could call it a melon (watermelon almost XD)

awesome build. Does that mean the dg lip will be for sale? Haha

Haha if I could still get one brand new I would sell it in a heart beat, but they are so hard to find now, Im holding on to it and just putting it on my spare bumper with foglights I have in the attic lol

That color looks fantastic with those wheels, just saying. Although it may clash with the green, it would look fantastic. You could call it a melon (watermelon almost XD)

I was actually thinking about a candy purple for a split second, do like a grape theme...but I think white will look okay. Plus these are just temp wheels so I need a neutral color so I can resell them easier. Selling my last set of wheels was a b**** (candy red with pink pearl)

any chance you'll be doing another built/boosted engine in the future?

Maybe a motor swap, but not dumping any more money into a FS build lol Not worth the time IMO I really want to try a OBD2 KL swap since I don't think anyone has done that yet but its my DD right now so I need another cheap car to drive everyday before I do all that.

And Update time, just got my Lip lip in the mail, not sure if I like the fitment, and I dont want to have to put a million screws thru the lip just for it to fit right. Also ordered a full roll of the vinyl on Thursday, should be at the shop on monday. Full roll=wrapping the door jambs too :D
Pics:
IMG_8671_zps1brtkoi7.jpg

IMG_8672_zpsozzxxv3h.jpg

Also painted 2 out of the 4 wheels. White with gold and white pearl. Kept it simple since I plan on reselling these after I wear the tires out

Went to LKQ today just to check it out, and ended up buying some stuff -_- like usual
Picked up a set of CX7 calipers, pads, and brackets. Going to be the 1st to put them on a P5. Already confirmed them bolt up with just boring out of the hub. Just need to see if they clear my wheels now and we are set.
10408787_10153116093455799_8194806721021215919_n.jpg

Started the wrap process yesterday. Not the original color I wanted but its what I went with because the Avery Light Green Pearl was on nationwide backorder for some reason.
As you can see, I had a ton of body work to do to make sure the surface was as perfect as possible. Any scratchs or rock chips were sanded and smoothed before the wrap when on. Anywho, onto the pics, 3M Gloss Green Envy.
IMG_8676_zpsttkbp5qp.jpg

IMG_8677_zpspkmdqspr.jpg

IMG_8678_zpstuacaauz.jpg

looks like paint! really good job so far. Also keep us updated on those cx7 calipers. If it ends up not being too much of a hassle to modify I might have to replace my mz6 calipers.

Yea Im trying to figure out how to modify the hub so that I can still go back to stock if I want to. The only modification it needs is drilling the hub so the bolts can slide thru. I wont be able to do an accurate test fit until I do that. I had a spare hub here but I cant for the life of me find it. Have to look harder

Update: got the quarter panel done, all doors, and two rear door handles. Forgot to take pics of the finished quarter and door handles before I left.
image_zps3qa09idh.jpg

image_zps3r76fybu.jpg

Back