just wondering if anyone keeps a fire extinguisher in their CX-9 ?

I don't, but I've also never actually seen a roadside fire (maybe I just haven't been around enough, lol). Living in a semi-arid state during the summer, we see a lot of grass fires started by people driving through tall grass fields though. If I was planning on that, it would be good to have. Could be good to have anyway, never know when you'll need one. Here's another one with free shipping if you're prime (makes the total price a little cheaper). I've had a similar one in my kitchen for about 6 years (still shows green on the check gauge).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

i don't carry one in mine. honestly, if there is a fire the only way the extinguisher will do any good is if it's quickly accessible...and i'm not keen on having one installed in the front of the car.

in most situations, i'm getting out of the car to safety. that's why i have insurance.

So earlier I mention that I've never seen a roadside fire (and because this thread got pushed back up to the top), I feel like I should share that 2 weeks ago I saw a fire truck parked the opposite direction on I-25 working on a car that was literally just a shell left (DAMN HOT!!). It was off to the side, and luckily was just before the on-ramp I use, so traffic was a breeze! (small victories, as it was down to 1 lane just before this. Don't worry, I'm not heartless... The news said later that night that no one was injured).

Anyway, I tend to agree with @sts7049. It's only useful if it's accessible, and I don't think most people are going to stick it on the A or B-pillar. In addition, when you see a fire like that I saw two weeks ago, an extinguisher wasn't going to do anything...

Back