Suspention upgrades, what else am I missing?

Rally Man

:
6 hanging with the 5's
Ok, I'm going to buy what I believe the last of my suspension upgrades before installing everything at once. But I need to make sure I'm not missing anything else or that's recommended. So here's a list of all the parts I've gotten so far:

● 2x monroe front strut mount
● 2x monroe rear shock mount
● 2012 Mazda 5 rear upper spring seat
● JBR RSB kit
● Corksport rear camber arms
● KYB rear shock boot kit
● Energy Suspension FSB 23mm greaseable bushing

And today I'll be buying Koni sport struts and shocks and H&R sport springs.

So anything else that seems worthwhile that I should buy?

Depending on their age I would replace the front endlinks with new ones, all that newness in the front will quickly kill the old ones. Double check the condition of your rear lateral links (bushings in particular) and your rear trailing arm bushings, as those are another couple of items that can fail with age, especially if you have blown the rear shocks at some time. If you don't have one already get a strut knuckle spreader to help you get the old struts out and the new ones in, you can also make one in a pinch... Good luck, you are gonna be one happy camper when all that work is done.

I forgot, yes I do have Energy Suspension rear trialling arm bushings. I'll check the lateral links. Thanks!

What is the motivation for going all out on this? Isn't yours a 2010? Are you doing all of this yourself? Good luck with the job and have fun.

RE rear camber arm: to get the driver side bolt out, with the outter bolt removed and the inner bolt loosen to the point where it hits the hanger, have someone grab the arm and apply a twisting force to it. This gives some angle so that you can knock it out from underneather the car (wiggle it around and you'll know what I mean). You do not need brut strength and most importantly - wear goggles! I cut off somewhere around 1.25ish" off the excess bolt and it goes in easily.

Actually I'm having a shop for it for me. As much as I'd love to take on such a job, I don't the room, tools or time to do it myself. I'll be dropping of the car early. It should be ready to go by the time I off work. One thing though is how stiff I should make my Koni's. I have a family, so can't go too stiff, so any suggestions?

What is the motivation for going all out on this? Isn't yours a 2010?

Yes my car is a 2010. Well I know my struts and shocks have been needing replacement. Also the front and rear bushings really need replacements, so figured get greasable poly bushings. Figured might as well get the RSB. Also my rear tires are getting chewed up, and knew that rear camber arms will help with alignment. From there it just cascaded into getting the rest of the suspension bits. I think are cars look sharp lowered so got the H&R's. I'm going to be keeping this car for a long time, hopefully around 200-250,000 miles (has around 110,000 right now). Might as well enjoy it as much as I can.

Last edited:
Oh, and forgot to add one more part. I think I probably went overboard on getting this part, but it really was one of the first purchased part I did for the Mazda5 without really know if I needed it or not:

● Corksport adjustable rear swaybar end links

I went with two full turns from the "as shipped" position and so far they are just right. I am replacing my 45 series tires with some slightly taller 50s soon and i may go a little stiffer then...

Are you talking about wrong diameter or due to the brackets? Because form multiple sources the FSB is 23mm and the RSB is 20mm. The brackets due need some modification from what I've read. Check the amazon review on the energy suspension p/n.

Back