Jeff's 2008 Special Edition Build Thread...

Nice car! I see you've replaced the fuel filler door as well...
Thank you.

The fuel filler door was a dealer installed option. I'm normally not a fan of chrome but it ties in nicely with the other chrome trim on the SE.

I finally did something about the stock 4x4 stance that plagues all factory issued Miatas. I've been leaning towards coilovers but decided they were a bit overkill for my driving needs. I went with the tried and true Koni Sports paired with Progress springs and sprinkled with 36/58 GWR bumpstops. They are very popular so I figured that I couldn't go wrong. I haven't had a chance to play with the settings yet but so far...what a difference! I had an even bigger smile than normal when driving home from the shop last night. lol I will have to drill holes in the FSTB brackets so I can make easy adjustments in the future or I could take this opportunity to upgrade the FSTB? hahahaha

Before
attachment.php

After
attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• Spider.jpg
    Spider.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 3,182
Last edited:
Thanks Nik!

No front spoiler anytime soon. I have some maintenance items to work on first, plugs and a new VC gasket as the current one has sprung a small leak. While it was at the shop for the shock/spring install, I had them flush the brake fluid and do a custom alignment to GWR's specs.

jeffy, got the cx5 weather tech rain guards installed finally! looking nice...thanks again!

Awesome and welcome! Much better on your car than in my gargabe can. :)

Oh yeah, installed the Ultragauge sometime ago but forgot to update this thread.🤦‍♂️

Today, I found out she is a total loss. :cry: Just another victim of tropical storm Isaias. Fired her up Wednesday and the CEL and AT lights were lit and there was a puddle of water under the passenger seat. Pulled seven codes, so I called insurance to file a claim. They deemed it a total loss due to the water in the cabin.

Time to start shopping for another one, on top of mitigating the 20" of water we had in the basement. Ugh

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200808-195803_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20200808-195803_Video Player.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 1,137
NO!!!!!!😳😬😞 Just realized you’ve had her 5 yrs! 😔
it looks like a river going down your street? Do you live in a flood plain?
oh my word!
was the basement finished? Do you lose any mechanical equipment?

Last edited:
Yeah, would be 6yrs in January.

Nope, no major water for miles. But my street is in a valley and at the end of the street is a field. At the top of hill on the other side of the field they keep building...houses on one side and the other is a car dealer, heavy equipment rental shop and they just built a warehouse behind the dealer. Behind that is a 4 lane highway. The damn township supervisors just keep developing.

The best part.....FEMA revised their maps in 2014 and declared us in a high risk 100yr flood zone. So I am required to carry flood insurance. Waiting for call back from them to see what, if anything is covered.

Partial. Exterior walls are concrete but had a wall separating it in half. Family has been chipping in to help with demo. Hot water heater was toast, control board was submerged and washer/dryer were in 20" of standing water. Working but making funny noises and fear they will go soon. Gas stove is probably shot as well. Filled a 20yd dumpster with items lost to water damage. Probably have to get another one or a 10yarder for the demo debris.

Sorry for the rant.😬

Sorry to see and hear that, ouch! Maybe shopping for a new one will provide some distraction from all the water damage.

Sorry to see and hear that, ouch! Maybe shopping for a new one will provide some distraction from all the water damage.

I am sure that it will but need to stop and focus. So much going on in my head that I can't concentrate on any one thing at the moment. Did start looking last night and a PRHT might be a 'must-have' for the replacement. On top of everything, I am awaiting word on when I can get hernia surgery....WC claim. UGH!

Hang in there brother! This to will pass! One hurdle at a time.....if I can help in any way lmk! Not sure how, but I’m open to pitch in....

Hang in there brother! This to will pass! One hurdle at a time.....if I can help in any way lmk! Not sure how, but I’m open to pitch in....

Thanks Mark, it is appreciated! Where is the finish line, I am tired of these damn hurdles! lol

Back