Jeff's 2008 Special Edition Build Thread...

Today on the way home from work I had something crazy happen. Heard a loud boom and next thing I know the rear view mirror is in my lap and this was my view.
attachment.php

A couple of shots I took from the outside. I didn't see anything shot up from the road or vehicles around me so not quite sure what happened.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Emilia - Windshield - Inside View.jpeg
    Emilia - Windshield - Inside View.jpeg
    637.5 KB · Views: 3,408
  • Emilia - Windshield - Outside View.jpeg
    Emilia - Windshield - Outside View.jpeg
    355.1 KB · Views: 3,272
  • Emilia - Windshield - Closeup.jpeg
    Emilia - Windshield - Closeup.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 3,210
Very strange and had to be something large. Hit in the right spot too to knock my mirror off. I took advantage of that and removed the Jupiter blue mirror from the comfort of my couch. So there was a silver lining. lol Rev9 gave me a $25 credit to use for all of hassle I had with getting the Jupiter and the off fitment so I've been looking at this one. http://rev9autosport.com/zoom-oval-aero-rear-view-mirror.html We shall see though, not sure I want to spend $130 on a mirror right now.

Since the windshield needed time to set I bumped the tire install to Wednesday.

Sold the Jupiter mirror for $25 so that gives me $50 towards a new one....hahahaha

Got a Cravenspeed stubby antenna and the ILM center console for Christmas. Installed the antenna Christmas day and waiting for the console. Thinking about adding some LEDs while I have things torn apart to install it.

Replaced the rear parking lights / stop lights with JDM Astar LEDs.

JDM Astar compared to stock bulb
attachment.php

Stock on left, LED on right - parking lights
attachment.php

Stock on left, LED on right - brakes applied
attachment.php

Both LEDs
attachment.php

Attachments

• Emilia - JDM Astar LEDs.jpeg
    Emilia - JDM Astar LEDs.jpeg
    271.7 KB · Views: 3,241
  • Emilia - JDM Astar LEDs1.jpeg
    Emilia - JDM Astar LEDs1.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 8,898
  • Emilia - JDM Astar LEDs2.jpeg
    Emilia - JDM Astar LEDs2.jpeg
    284.6 KB · Views: 8,394
  • Emilia - JDM Astar LEDs3.jpeg
    Emilia - JDM Astar LEDs3.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 3,293
Last edited:
The rest of the LEDs arrived today. So I replaced the front bumper, dome, trunk, reverse and license plate bulbs today. Wasnt too crazy about the style of the front and rear turn signal LEDs so Im sending those back and ordered JDM Astar LEDs for them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I ordered the TapTurn module around the same time as the LEDs and it arrived with the new turn signal LEDs yesterday. I got the module installed along with the rear signal LEDs last night after dinner. It was cold and dark so I'm going to swap in the front signal LEDs over lunch.

Front signal LEDs are in. What a PITA with the wheels still on the car. Light output is nice and crisp though and the wig wag feature of the TapTurn module is pretty cool.

Last edited:
It's been a little quiet in here so time to liven it up.

Finally got the IL Motorsports center console that Mrs. Santa gave me for Christmas installed. But as you all know we can't just modify something without modifying it, so I added an LED to it. While at it, a buddy of mine helped me with fabricating some brackets for the footwell LEDs.

Pics!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Emilia - IL Motorsports Center Console.jpeg
    Emilia - IL Motorsports Center Console.jpeg
    598.4 KB · Views: 3,356
  • Emilai - Footwell and Center Console LEDs.jpeg
    Emilai - Footwell and Center Console LEDs.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 3,419
  • Emilia - Footwell and Center Console LEDs DS.jpeg
    Emilia - Footwell and Center Console LEDs DS.jpeg
    323.7 KB · Views: 3,438
  • Emilia - Footwell and Center Console LEDs PS.jpeg
    Emilia - Footwell and Center Console LEDs PS.jpeg
    327.7 KB · Views: 1,992
Last edited:
Almost got my hands on a used and local NC Mazdaspeed exhaust a couple of weeks ago but the buyer decided to keep it. My backup was going to be an RSII from Goodwin Racing but lo and behold the same day that the buyer backed out, I found a Mazdaspeed exhaust on Ebay. A looooong week later I was the happy winner of the auction and prepared for the long week of waiting for it to arrive. Much to my surprise, it was delivered today after being shipped yesterday! Thankfully I had an OEM gasket and hangers on standby. My left tip was sagging a bit so I figured it was a good time to just replace the hangers, can def. see a difference with the new ones. Oh yeah...loving that new growl too! :D

Pics!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Emilia - What, a box...for me.jpeg
    Emilia - What, a box...for me.jpeg
    371 KB · Views: 3,366
  • Emilia - MS Exhaust - Dirty.jpeg
    Emilia - MS Exhaust - Dirty.jpeg
    631.2 KB · Views: 3,371
  • Emilia - MS Exhaust - Cleaning Up Nicely.jpeg
    Emilia - MS Exhaust - Cleaning Up Nicely.jpeg
    599.1 KB · Views: 3,415
  • Emilai - MS Exhaust - Oh Yeah.jpeg
    Emilai - MS Exhaust - Oh Yeah.jpeg
    387.2 KB · Views: 3,786
  • Emilia - MS Exhaust - So Shiny.jpeg
    Emilia - MS Exhaust - So Shiny.jpeg
    352.9 KB · Views: 3,409
Last edited:
Hell yeah!!! I've been kicking myself in the ass for about a year now since I passed on buying yours.

Thanks Mark.

Bruce, I'm hoping to make it up to The Glen this year. Might not be able to stay all weekend but going to try and make race day.

Installed a Cobra 75 WX ST CB radio, Wilson Little Wil CB antenna and 8ft aux cord over the weekend.

Installed the WebElectric BLP-1 brake light pulser. Another preventative measure to help people see me in my little car. Next up, horns!

Back