Jeff's 2008 Special Edition Build Thread...

some confusion has ensued... i did sell the MS exhaust, but if i knew the hemholtz mid-pipe was coming, i might have held onto it.

Indeed....re-reading your post I now see what you meant. I did find the older style RS exhaust and a MS intake on CL. Both for $330. Don't think I want the hassle of removing the bumper every time I clean the filter though and not a fan of the older style tips GWR used (double walled). Also found a GWR mid-pipe on Ebay for $150...starting bid anyway.

Jeffy, drove by you exit this morn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And no text, call or stop-in? I would have had Tam make you some breakfast. lol How was the trip and how is everyone doing down there? I know areas got hit pretty hard and hope they are all ok!!

Jeff, did Mark cause an accident in your area?

Thankfully it was a Saturday and I didn't need to go into the office. ;)

I was going to call but it was still early and in case you sleep in. I will be coming by this sat in the afternoon if you're around? We could do dinner maybe ?

Ah ok and we will be around this Saturday. Give me a call or text if you feel like stopping for a bite and a stretch. That will be short, they stink! LOL Could talk about how Theo has turned the Cubs around....2015 Wild Card winners. :D

As for my Miata, I passed on the Tuckin99 blue tinted mirror. Was going to buy the Zoom but was told they are discontinued so I went with the Jupiter and also ordered the Roadster emblem.

Last edited:
Jeff pm me your info I ca t seem to find it

Finally, my blue tinted mirror arrived. Initially I ordered a Tuckin99 which was broken upon arrival, it's replacement was returned to shipper due to an incomplete shipping address (missing company name) and a moron at the local PO (it arrived on a Saturday and they put it on the first truck out Monday morning!). After mocking fitment of the broken mirror I wasn't happy with the Tuckin99 so I opted for the Zoom to find out it is discontinued for the NC so my third choice was the Jupiter. It's installed but may be coming out, I was told that it would fit inside the OEM assembly....not even close and looks like ass close-up. The double sided tape they provided was ridiculous as it was way to thin and wouldn't touch the back of the new mirror once put in place. So I used some doubled up 3M squares and will give it a couple of days to see if I can get used to it. Also ordered the new Roadster emblem as found on the ND.

Jupiter mirror with Moddiction side mirrors
attachment.php

Roaster Emblem
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Emilia - Jupiter Mirror.jpeg
    Emilia - Jupiter Mirror.jpeg
    746.3 KB · Views: 3,950
  • Emilia - Roadster Emblem.jpeg
    Emilia - Roadster Emblem.jpeg
    467.7 KB · Views: 3,967
  • Emilia - Roadster Emblem (Closeup).jpeg
    Emilia - Roadster Emblem (Closeup).jpeg
    497.8 KB · Views: 3,254
Jeff's 2008 Special Edition Build Thread....

Nice jeffy! Is that the location for the emblem in the Japanese cars?

It is on the left side but below the trunklid.

Didn't have time today but tomorrow the Jupiter mirror is coming off. It looks horrible. If I decide to go with a blue tinted one, I'll look into the Broadway mirrors.

Added some new vinyl today. It is in memory of the former LVMOC president who died suddenly a few weeks ago from a massive heart attack....RIP Lou! :( This was his avatar and a phrase that became synonymous with runs he led (there was always a Lou Turn after a wrong turn).

attachment.php

Attachments

• Emilia - Lou Turn.jpeg
    Emilia - Lou Turn.jpeg
    325.4 KB · Views: 2,898
Last edited:
With the help of Parallax and Matt over at TRS I ordered some Morimoto XB LED fog lights. Parallax took the reigns on starting up a GB and Matt was gracious enough to set up a second one at a discounted price. The second one is now over but I've heard rumors about a possible sale this coming Black Friday. ;) They are plug and play and on the NC1 there were no modifications needed to the fog light bracket. IIRC the NC2 and NC3 require some trimming. I'm very happy with them, they look great and the output is so much better. Now it's time to wire up my fogs as DRLs!

Stock
attachment.php

TRS Morimoto LED
attachment.php

Attachments

• Emilia - Stock Fog Lights.jpeg
    Emilia - Stock Fog Lights.jpeg
    627.2 KB · Views: 3,604
  • Emilia - TRS LED Fog Lights.jpeg
    Emilia - TRS LED Fog Lights.jpeg
    449.4 KB · Views: 3,547
Last edited:
Thanks Mark. I'll have to work on some better pics. My buddy was over and we popped these in while waiting for his brakes to cool down. I helped him replace pads and rotors on his 2014 Camaro SS vert. He has four piston Brembos and OMG it was soooo easy! I might have to look into a BBK just for the ease of swapping things. lol

Jeff's 2008 Special Edition Build Thread....

Ya, there's a couple out there that I've been looking at too, no brembos though

Nice work on the fogs Jeff.

Although nice new multipiston calipers would be VERY nice, unless you plan to track your car on a regular basis, to me these are expensive baubles and overkill for a street car. I would spend my money elsewhere.

Thanks Bruce. Any luck in finding some for the brake lights yet?

Yeah, my post was in jest. It would def. be overkill for a dd and I'd rather spend that money on an exhaust or suspension.

Not sure what to get. They list 3-4 brake lights with different lumens and not sure how bright it needs to be.

Back