Jeff's 2008 Special Edition Build Thread...

Thanks! Not much going on other than driving her with the top down whenever I get a chance, which is more often than not now. :D

A co-worker brought in some bondo and I used that to fill in the holes for the front license plate bracket. Now I just need to order some touch up paint. Local dealer has none in stock and says that Mazda no longer sells it so I'm going to check some local body shops. My last resort would be to order it from paintscratch.com.

Going for that staggered look....20x9 with 275/40s in the back! Might need a little roll. ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Emilia - 20x9.jpeg
    Emilia - 20x9.jpeg
    900.2 KB · Views: 4,165
Heehee, that's my buddys wheel from his 2014 Camaro. We took it off so he could install some rear mud guards so I thought I'd snap a pic.

I might be crazy but I ain't that crazy!

Not the Miata but having a little fun with the cargo box on the 3 courtesy of the local club. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Blue - Cargo Box 2015.jpeg
    Blue - Cargo Box 2015.jpeg
    502.5 KB · Views: 2,771
  • Blue - Vacation Ready 2015.jpeg
    Blue - Vacation Ready 2015.jpeg
    705.3 KB · Views: 2,802
Last edited:
We did...drove down to Myrtle the last week of July which is why I missed LRP.

Installed a 2003 Mazda6 wiper switch today. Ah...variable intermittent wipers. Yesterday I was looking at my rearview mirror to determine why it was loose and vibrating. Found out why (see pic) and used a m.net members advice and drilled/tapped a hole and used a set screw to secure it. No more vibrating and it was cheap (read free) since there is a machine shop in my building at work. :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Emilia - Rearview Mirror.jpeg
    Emilia - Rearview Mirror.jpeg
    571.6 KB · Views: 2,779
It might be small but it's the most expensive mod I've done to date. lol

attachment.php

Attachments

• Emilia - ESU.jpeg
    Emilia - ESU.jpeg
    617.7 KB · Views: 3,408
lol Mahk

Simply means I'm the dad of an ESU student.

Added some new stuff to my wish list. Thinking about GWRs new midpipe with the Hemholz resonator mated to their RSII. I know Brian says that auto owners should avoid the RSII but I'm thinking the issues why will be eliminated with their new midpipe? Will have to dig into that more. If it's still going to be too obnoxious then I'll probably go with the SuperQ. Also looking forward to Blackbird Fabworx NC RZ roll bar. Their RZ for the ND allows you to retain the soft top and Moti thinks it should be the same for the NC. :) Maybe an LED fog upgrade too using TRS new kit.

lol Mahk

Added some new stuff to my wish list. Thinking about GWRs new midpipe with the Hemholz resonator mated to their RSII. I know Brian says that auto owners should avoid the RSII but I'm thinking the issues why will be eliminated with their new midpipe? Will have to dig into that more. If it's still going to be too obnoxious then I'll probably go with the SuperQ. Also looking forward to Blackbird Fabworx NC RZ roll bar. Their RZ for the ND allows you to retain the soft top and Moti thinks it should be the same for the NC. :) Maybe an LED fog upgrade too using TRS new kit.

Thanks Jeff.

Nice Jeff. Didn't realize you had the auto.

lol Mahk

i think the street header, new helmholtz mid-pipe, and the RSII would be a hoot to drive. from the product description, sounds like the new mid-pipe eliminates all the drone associated with cruising around. if you get the RSII and you don't like it, you can sell it to me and get the Q :D

Thanks Jeff.

Nice Jeff. Didn't realize you had the auto.

Most welcome. ;)

Yeah...the good ol' slush box for me. Doesn't mean I can't enjoy a nice cruise though. :)

i think the street header, new helmholtz mid-pipe, and the RSII would be a hoot to drive. from the product description, sounds like the new mid-pipe eliminates all the drone associated with cruising around. if you get the RSII and you don't like it, you can sell it to me and get the Q :D

I do too! But I'm not going to mess with the header anytime soon because "auto". Yes and wish I would have known about the development of this new midpipe earlier this year. Had I known I would have bought your MS exhaust knowing I could get rid of the drone in a few months. Are you running stock exhaust now? LOL, well when it happens I'll keep you in mind....if I'm not happy. ;)

I do too! But I'm not going to mess with the header anytime soon because "auto". Yes and wish I would have known about the development of this new midpipe earlier this year. Had I known I would have bought your MS exhaust knowing I could get rid of the drone in a few months. Are you running stock exhaust now? LOL, well when it happens I'll keep you in mind....if I'm not happy. ;)

i might not have sold the MS box!

i am back on the stock exhaust. so boring, but nice for the commute.

i might not have sold the MS box!

i am back on the stock exhaust. so boring, but nice for the commute.

Wait, what?! I thought you had sold it. Hmmmmmmmmmm........ Have you thought of using that with the hemholtz, I'll be honest, that was the first thing I thought of when reading the description on GWR's page.

Indeed boring and why I want to spice things up.

And thanks for the TRS fog light info over on m.net. I forgot all about them until running across your thread again the other day. Should have jumped in on that GB price though. :/

Wait, what?! I thought you had sold it. Hmmmmmmmmmm........ Have you thought of using that with the hemholtz, I'll be honest, that was the first thing I thought of when reading the description on GWR's page.

Indeed boring and why I want to spice things up.

And thanks for the TRS fog light info over on m.net. I forgot all about them until running across your thread again the other day. Should have jumped in on that GB price though. :/

some confusion has ensued... i did sell the MS exhaust, but if i knew the hemholtz mid-pipe was coming, i might have held onto it.

Back